FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
Rachel Rojas. special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville, and Bill Rhodes, managing director of security at NASCAR, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Bill Rhodes, managing director of security here at NASCAR: NASCAR is one of the biggest sports leagues in history. We sanction more than 1,500 races across the world. And here at the Daytona International Speedway, we host hundreds of thousands of die-hard race fans every year. This is racing’s biggest stage.
But it’s what you don’t see that can be a real challenge. I’m managing director of security here at NASCAR
Rachel Rojas: And I’m Rachel Rojas, special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville.
Rhodes: Cybersecurity is a real concern in the sports world. Here at NASCAR, our security teams work around the clock to guard our systems against cyber criminals to protect our employees, drivers, and millions of fans.
Rojas: And Bill isn’t alone. American businesses, critical infrastructure, and government agencies are facing a number of cyberattacks, and it’s threatening the safety of our nation and our economy.
Rhodes: NASCAR formed a close partnership with the FBI years ago.
Rojas: Contacting the FBI at the first sign of a cyber breach allows our agents to react quickly and provide support and guidance that could make a real difference.
Rhodes: My advice to any organization—develop a formal incident response plan and include the FBI in that plan.
Rojas: Cybersecurity is National Security, and together, we can defend America against the cyber threat.
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll