FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
Rachel Rojas. special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville, and Bill Rhodes, managing director of security at NASCAR, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Bill Rhodes, managing director of security here at NASCAR: NASCAR is one of the biggest sports leagues in history. We sanction more than 1,500 races across the world. And here at the Daytona International Speedway, we host hundreds of thousands of die-hard race fans every year. This is racing’s biggest stage.
But it’s what you don’t see that can be a real challenge. I’m managing director of security here at NASCAR
Rachel Rojas: And I’m Rachel Rojas, special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville.
Rhodes: Cybersecurity is a real concern in the sports world. Here at NASCAR, our security teams work around the clock to guard our systems against cyber criminals to protect our employees, drivers, and millions of fans.
Rojas: And Bill isn’t alone. American businesses, critical infrastructure, and government agencies are facing a number of cyberattacks, and it’s threatening the safety of our nation and our economy.
Rhodes: NASCAR formed a close partnership with the FBI years ago.
Rojas: Contacting the FBI at the first sign of a cyber breach allows our agents to react quickly and provide support and guidance that could make a real difference.
Rhodes: My advice to any organization—develop a formal incident response plan and include the FBI in that plan.
Rojas: Cybersecurity is National Security, and together, we can defend America against the cyber threat.
- 12.01.2023 — Inside the FBI: Charity Scams
- 12.01.2023 — FBI Omaha Hate Crime Awareness Campaign
- 11.20.2023 — FBI Charlotte: Bus Video in Madalina Cojocari Missing Person Investigation
- 11.20.2023 — Inside the FBI: The Importance of Partner Engagement
- 11.06.2023 — Chicago Warns About Charity Fraud
- 11.03.2023 — Charlotte Field Office at Beacon Project
- 10.26.2023 — FBI New Orleans hosts Federal Law Enforcement Youth Academy
- 10.26.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.20.2023 — FBI Oklahoma City on Panel Discussing Osage Murders Case
- 10.19.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Osage Murders
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses the Threat of Chinese Economic Espionage at Five Eyes Press Conference
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses Potential Misuses of AI During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Characterizes the Threat China Poses to Innovation During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.14.2023 — The FBI Continues to Build Partnerships at IACP
- 09.29.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts New Agent Training Program for Indian Country
- 09.29.2023 — Operation Not Forgotten
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Brother
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Mother
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023