FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
Rachel Rojas. special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville, and Bill Rhodes, managing director of security at NASCAR, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Bill Rhodes, managing director of security here at NASCAR: NASCAR is one of the biggest sports leagues in history. We sanction more than 1,500 races across the world. And here at the Daytona International Speedway, we host hundreds of thousands of die-hard race fans every year. This is racing’s biggest stage.
But it’s what you don’t see that can be a real challenge. I’m managing director of security here at NASCAR
Rachel Rojas: And I’m Rachel Rojas, special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville.
Rhodes: Cybersecurity is a real concern in the sports world. Here at NASCAR, our security teams work around the clock to guard our systems against cyber criminals to protect our employees, drivers, and millions of fans.
Rojas: And Bill isn’t alone. American businesses, critical infrastructure, and government agencies are facing a number of cyberattacks, and it’s threatening the safety of our nation and our economy.
Rhodes: NASCAR formed a close partnership with the FBI years ago.
Rojas: Contacting the FBI at the first sign of a cyber breach allows our agents to react quickly and provide support and guidance that could make a real difference.
Rhodes: My advice to any organization—develop a formal incident response plan and include the FBI in that plan.
Rojas: Cybersecurity is National Security, and together, we can defend America against the cyber threat.
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago