Visiting FBI Headquarters/Tours
Our Headquarters is located between 9th and 10th Streets in northwest Washington, D.C. The closest Metro subway stops are Federal Triangle on the Orange/Blue lines, Gallery Place/Chinatown and Metro Center on the Red line, and Archives/Navy Memorial on the Yellow and Green lines.
The Headquarters Tour closed following the events of September 11, 2001. With the need for providing information about our past, present, and future, the FBI opened the FBI Education Center and recently launched a partner-public pilot program. During this pilot program, the public can request a visit to The Education Center by writing and arranging the visit through their respective Congressional office. Learn more.
As the FBI has grown, some Headquarters functions have moved to other locations. The Criminal Justice Information Services Division is located in Clarksburg, West Virginia. The Laboratory Division, Operational Technology Division, and FBI Academy are located in Quantico, Virginia. Other specialized facilities, such as high-tech computer forensics centers, are at various locations across the country.
The Work of Headquarters
The executives, special agents, and professional staff who work at our national headquarters in Washington direct, organize, and coordinate FBI activities around the world. That includes:
- Setting the priorities and policies for the Bureau;
- Ensuring centralization and coordination at the highest levels;
- Helping lead the fight against terrorism by serving as a hub for intelligence and information;
- Providing operational and administrative support to field divisions and overseas offices; and
- Taking the lead within the FBI during times of national crisis or emergency, directing major case and operations.
Contact FBI Headquarters
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
Note: At this time we do not have a national e-mail address for public questions or comments. Some of our local FBI offices, however, do have their own e-mail addresses.