Mission & Priorities
Ahead of the threat through leadership, agility, and integration.
To protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Protect the United States from terrorist attack
- Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage
- Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes
- Combat public corruption at all levels
Our People & Leadership
The FBI employs 35,000 people, including special agents and support professionals such as intelligence analysts, language specialists, scientists, and information technology specialists. Learn how you can join us at FBIJobs.gov. For details on our executives and organizational structure, see our Leadership & Structure webpage.
We work around the globe. Along with our Headquarters in Washington, D.C., we have 56 field offices located in major cities throughout the U.S., more than 350 satellite offices called resident agencies in cities and towns across the nation, and more than 60 international offices called legal attachés in U.S. embassies worldwide.
In fiscal year 2016, our total direct-funded budget is approximately $8.7 billion, including increases to enhance our cyber investigative capabilities and leverage Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise components and services within the Bureau.
Our Core Values
- Rigorous obedience to the Constitution of the United States;
- Respect for the dignity of all those we protect;
- Uncompromising personal integrity and institutional integrity;
- Accountability by accepting responsibility for our actions and decisions and the consequences of our actions and decisions;
- Leadership, both personal and professional; and