FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
FBI Los Angeles Assistant Director in Charge Kristi Johnson and Southern California Edison’s Brian Barrios discuss the importance of ongoing partnerships in protecting the energy sector.
Hello, I’m Kristi Johnson, assistant director in charge of the FBI Los Angeles Field Office.
Barrios: And I’m Brian Barrios, vice president of Cybersecurity and IT Compliance at Southern California Edison. We’re here at one of our substations that serves power to thousands of our customers.
Johnson: In recent years, the FBI has seen a wider-than-ever range of cyber actors threaten Americans’ safety, security, and confidence in our digitally connected world.
Barrios: That’s why the energy sector in the United States has developed a strong foundation of preparedness, resilience, and response. However, the capabilities of our cyber adversaries are evolving constantly and that’s why we cannot face these threats alone…
Johnson: That’s right Brian – cyber security is the ultimate team sport. Partnerships are critical to defeating attackers and to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and the community.
Barrios: We cannot overstress the importance of having an ongoing, productive partnership with the FBI while responding to all cyber threats. This partnership is critical to protecting the Grid.
Johnson: If you haven’t already, your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan.
Barrios: And finally, if you do experience a breach, always report the compromise early. Collaborating with the FBI is much more effective when we work together at the beginning of an incident. Remember, cyber threats can affect everyday life. And at SCE, the safety of our customers, our communities and our employees is our top priority.
Johnson: Cyber risk is business risk, and cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America against cyber threats.
- 06.01.2023 — Video Loop of Phoenix Field Office Entrance
- 05.22.2023 — Video Loop of VS Driving in Arizona
- 05.18.2023 — Beware of Elder Fraud Scams
- 05.12.2023 — Director Wray's 2023 National Police Week Address
- 05.10.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Oasis Ponzi Scheme
- 05.05.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts Missing Person Identification Project Event
- 05.02.2023 — Operation SpecTor Targets Darknet Markets
- 04.28.2023 — FBI Los Angeles Air Assault PSA
- 04.25.2023 — FBI Richmond - National Crime Victims' Rights Week
- 04.21.2023 — Inside the FBI: The China Threat
- 04.20.2023 — Seeking Information-Suspect Wanted in Connection with Armed Robberies
- 04.17.2023 — Lumberton Women - Vodcast
- 04.13.2023 — FBI San Francisco: Video Depicting Kidnapping of Monica de Leon Barba (Video 2)
- 04.13.2023 — FBI San Francisco: Video Depicting Kidnapping of Monica de Leon Barba (Video 1)
- 04.10.2023 — Missy Peregrym IC3 PSA
- 04.03.2023 — FBI Cyber at RSA
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Alex Silverstein
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Justin Brannon
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Lauren Regucci
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks
FBI Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for news on the FBI, sent out every week.