FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
FBI Los Angeles Assistant Director in Charge Kristi Johnson and Southern California Edison’s Brian Barrios discuss the importance of ongoing partnerships in protecting the energy sector.
Hello, I’m Kristi Johnson, assistant director in charge of the FBI Los Angeles Field Office.
Barrios: And I’m Brian Barrios, vice president of Cybersecurity and IT Compliance at Southern California Edison. We’re here at one of our substations that serves power to thousands of our customers.
Johnson: In recent years, the FBI has seen a wider-than-ever range of cyber actors threaten Americans’ safety, security, and confidence in our digitally connected world.
Barrios: That’s why the energy sector in the United States has developed a strong foundation of preparedness, resilience, and response. However, the capabilities of our cyber adversaries are evolving constantly and that’s why we cannot face these threats alone…
Johnson: That’s right Brian – cyber security is the ultimate team sport. Partnerships are critical to defeating attackers and to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and the community.
Barrios: We cannot overstress the importance of having an ongoing, productive partnership with the FBI while responding to all cyber threats. This partnership is critical to protecting the Grid.
Johnson: If you haven’t already, your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan.
Barrios: And finally, if you do experience a breach, always report the compromise early. Collaborating with the FBI is much more effective when we work together at the beginning of an incident. Remember, cyber threats can affect everyday life. And at SCE, the safety of our customers, our communities and our employees is our top priority.
Johnson: Cyber risk is business risk, and cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America against cyber threats.
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts