Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: David Jardine
David Jardine, a firefighter with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, recalls the night the alarm sounded and he responded 30 years ago to the events on December 21, 1988, in Lockerbie, Scotland.
An image that I see from Lockerbie, I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen it, and I keep memorizing it—it’s the end house at Park Place that lost what we call the gable end. You know, the end wall and a portion of the front wall. I remember looking up to this house because we weren’t allowed to go anywhere near the fuselage at that time. There was a dresser, there was a dressing table. And on the dressing table there was an image of a vase, a white vase with two hands and a ball in the middle of it. I just … these are the kind of images that I sort of defer to or I see more often and unfortunately, there was a number of fatalities on the ground which I couldn’t pick a face out of.
But these things … I think I was maybe wondering the level of impact and you had taken a look and see what could unfortunately have happened or how lucky were we that it didn’t. Sadly, so that the 259 on the plane and the 11 on the ground at Park Place that lost their lives. My thoughts are always with them. But it could have been so much worse.
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Are the Biggest Cyber Threats Related to This Year's Election?