Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kara Weipz
Kara Weipz is the sister of Pan Am Flight 103 victim Richard Monetti and the president of Victims of Pan Am Flight 103, Inc., a non-profit organization of family members and friends of victims killed when a terrorist bomb exploded on Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland on December 21, 1988.
I think that what’s recognized is: what happened, we can’t change. You know, if any of us could, you know, make a trade, change a situation if we could, but we can’t. So, then what do you do? You find out how it happened. You hold those who are responsible accountable. You primarily make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else. You make the positive changes. You support one another. You support other people who have gone through similar tragedies. I think that that is the attitude of the organization. And I think that has been the attitude of Syracuse. You know, this happened to 35 of our, you know, best and brightest who were taking a chance and studying abroad, and we want to make sure that we don’t forget them and that you live in the way that they lived—in going after things and not being afraid, and, you know, always looking forward and making the world a better place.
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?