SAC Perrye K. Turner Describes Importance of Diversity
Perrye K. Turner, special agent in charge of the FBI's Houston Division, discusses the importance of diversity as it relates to the FBI's recruitment efforts. The Houston Division recently sponsored a Diversity Agent Recruitment (DAR) event aimed at potential special agents.
I really believe that our workforce should reflect the communities that we serve in order for us to be an effective law enforcement agency. We have to have a diverse organization.
And I really think we need to do a better job in marketing, in educating people in what the FBI does—our goals, our objectives, our mission, and how fine of a job the FBI is. I think if we’re more aggressive in doing that we can attract some of the best and brightest.
And I really think that’s one of the things that make us very attractive as an organization is that everybody has a different FBI story. Everybody has a diverse background. And everybody brings something to the table, which makes us stronger as an organization, more effective as an organization.
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood