SAC Perrye K. Turner Describes Importance of Diversity
Perrye K. Turner, special agent in charge of the FBI's Houston Division, discusses the importance of diversity as it relates to the FBI's recruitment efforts. The Houston Division recently sponsored a Diversity Agent Recruitment (DAR) event aimed at potential special agents.
I really believe that our workforce should reflect the communities that we serve in order for us to be an effective law enforcement agency. We have to have a diverse organization.
And I really think we need to do a better job in marketing, in educating people in what the FBI does—our goals, our objectives, our mission, and how fine of a job the FBI is. I think if we’re more aggressive in doing that we can attract some of the best and brightest.
And I really think that’s one of the things that make us very attractive as an organization is that everybody has a different FBI story. Everybody has a diverse background. And everybody brings something to the table, which makes us stronger as an organization, more effective as an organization.
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case