SAC Perrye K. Turner Describes Importance of Diversity
Perrye K. Turner, special agent in charge of the FBI's Houston Division, discusses the importance of diversity as it relates to the FBI's recruitment efforts. The Houston Division recently sponsored a Diversity Agent Recruitment (DAR) event aimed at potential special agents.
I really believe that our workforce should reflect the communities that we serve in order for us to be an effective law enforcement agency. We have to have a diverse organization.
And I really think we need to do a better job in marketing, in educating people in what the FBI does—our goals, our objectives, our mission, and how fine of a job the FBI is. I think if we’re more aggressive in doing that we can attract some of the best and brightest.
And I really think that’s one of the things that make us very attractive as an organization is that everybody has a different FBI story. Everybody has a diverse background. And everybody brings something to the table, which makes us stronger as an organization, more effective as an organization.
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams
- 05.03.2017 — 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Al Tribble
- 05.03.2017 — FBI Recruitment Video
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Dan Rodriguez
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Erin Sheridan
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Jean O'Connor