Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Robert Francis Van Wisse
A man who allegedly strangled and sexually assaulted a young mother is added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Update - January 26, 2017: FBI Top Ten Fugitive Robert Van Wisse is now in custody. Details
Mollie Halpern: A man who allegedly strangled and sexually assaulted a young mother is added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading directly to the arrest of Robert Francis Van Wisse.
About 33 years ago, then 19-year-old Van Wisse registered for college classes in an Austin, Texas building.
That’s where case agent Justin Noble says Van Wisse attacked the victim, Laurie Stout.
Justin Noble: Latent print evidence and DNA evidence collected from the victim and from the crime scene conclusively link Robert Van Wisse to this crime.
Halpern: Beverly is the victim’s sister. The two were born only 14 months apart.
Beverly: I think about her every day. The pain, to me, is just as real today as it was that morning of September 1983.
Halpern: Van Wisse speaks English and Spanish. He has been linked to New York City; Washington, D.C.; Mexico; and South America. Report tips to 1-800-CALL-FBI. With Wanted by the FBI, I'm Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division