Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam, Royal Thai Police
Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam talks about why the Royal Thai Police should establish a victim assistance program. He was among dozens of Thai police executives in an FBI training in Thailand.
I think it’s very important to have the victim assistance program down south because sometime we ignore the child, ignore the female about to be the victim. We should to assist them, to help them.
Everyone do agree that Royal Thai Police should to give direction for us to set up the victim assistance program.
We can get benefit from this program because in the Thai system the victim—after we investigate, interrogate the victim—we will send them to the shelter. And at the shelter the social worker will work with the victim.
In Thai system, to deal with the victim—especially for the child and female—we need female investigator to deal with them, to ask the questions, because it’s very sensitive to talk to the victim that’s a female, especially for the sexual-related case.
And also sometime the victim trusts the female much more than the male officer.
- 11.15.2019 — What is an #UnexpectedAgent?
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgents: Life Experiences
- 11.15.2019 — Female Special Agents at the FBI
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agents Protecting our Communities
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Fitness
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Culture and Community
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Sussana Iljazi
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Scot Huntsberry
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Marlo Graham
- 11.08.2019 — Native American Students Learn About FBI STEM Careers
- 11.08.2019 — Applying STEM at the FBI
- 11.08.2019 — STEM at the FBI Laboratory Division
- 11.07.2019 — Inside the FBI's National Threat Operations Center
- 11.07.2019 — My Positive Huntsville
- 11.07.2019 — My Phenomenal Huntsville
- 10.23.2019 — Seeking Fugitive Ricardo Rusan for Suspected Role in Bank Robberies
- 10.23.2019 — FBI Director Discusses Protected Voices Initiative
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Social Media Literacy
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Ransomware
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Supply Chain