Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam, Royal Thai Police
Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam talks about why the Royal Thai Police should establish a victim assistance program. He was among dozens of Thai police executives in an FBI training in Thailand.
I think it’s very important to have the victim assistance program down south because sometime we ignore the child, ignore the female about to be the victim. We should to assist them, to help them.
Everyone do agree that Royal Thai Police should to give direction for us to set up the victim assistance program.
We can get benefit from this program because in the Thai system the victim—after we investigate, interrogate the victim—we will send them to the shelter. And at the shelter the social worker will work with the victim.
In Thai system, to deal with the victim—especially for the child and female—we need female investigator to deal with them, to ask the questions, because it’s very sensitive to talk to the victim that’s a female, especially for the sexual-related case.
And also sometime the victim trusts the female much more than the male officer.
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams