Celebrating Women Special Agents: Jacqueline D. (2012)
Jacqueline is a SWAT medic, pilot, and member of her division’s Hazardous Materials Response Team and Evidence Response Team.
I couldn’t imagine being one of the first ones because no one was used to female agents. I’m sure they had to prove themselves a little bit more and go through a lot more, I wouldn’t say discrimination, but they had to prove themselves more than I think the newer agents and even myself had to do.
I never felt like I had to do anything better than anyone else. I just wanted to do the best that I could do and the Bureau has given me the chance. When I went through the new agent’s class I had no idea I could do what I did there. And I think it just pushes you to your limits and just pushes you to do better than what you think you can do.
I was given the opportunity to be on the evidence response team right away.
After a while I got to teach because of my experience.
I did the hazardous materials response team.
I became a SWAT medic just because I thought the medical profession would have been interesting for me.
Being in the aviation program, I got my license in Montana in December of 2006, came to Anchorage, and I got right into the aviation program because they needed another pilot.
I believe that the Bureau is the only place that I would have been able to have all of these opportunities. I can’t think of career field other than being in the FBI that I would have these opportunities to be in the aviation program, be on the evidence response team, get a chance to interview different people, be in the aviation program, be a SWAT medic, there’s no … I can’t imagine there’s any other career that would give me those opportunities.
- 06.11.2020 — Help Identify Subject Who Threw Explosive in Uptown Charlotte
- 06.04.2020 — Director Wray’s Remarks Regarding George Floyd’s Death and FBI Role in Current Events
- 06.01.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Congratulates Penguins Foundation
- 05.28.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast: IC3 Turns 20
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Phoenix Joins Arizona Law Enforcement Leaders in Honoring the Fallen
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Sacramento SAC Congratulates Fairfield Police Chief
- 05.18.2020 — 2020 Police Week FBI Chicago Candlelight Vigil
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Dallas Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Honolulu COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 05.15.2020 — FBI San Diego Honors Fallen Officers During National Police Week
- 05.15.2020 — FBI New Orleans Recognizes Peace Officers Memorial Day
- 05.14.2020 — 2020 FBI Wall of Honor Memorial Service
- 05.14.2020 — Director Wray Honors Law Enforcement Partners During National Police Week
- 05.11.2020 — Minneapolis FBI Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.08.2020 — Jacksonville SAC Congratulates High School Graduates
- 05.08.2020 — Seattle FBI Recognizes Fallen Officers in Police Week Message
- 05.04.2020 — FBI Dallas COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 04.30.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast Trailer: FBI Top Ten List Turns 70
- 04.30.2020 — FBI Jacksonville Honors Director's Community Leadership Award Recipient
- 04.29.2020 — FBI Volunteers Assist Families in Philadelphia