FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division
Anne shares her experience working as an honors intern with the FBI's Laboratory Division.
Anne: I think that someone should apply to the FBI because you can do stuff that you won't be able to do anywhere else.
So, as a forensic scientist, legally, we're not allowed to work on casework, so if you ever try to intern, you would just be doing, you know, whatever—but here at the FBI, I can do the exact same methods that actual examiners do. So, I get practical experience, and I can also see what the examiners do every day. So I can see if that's what I like, if what it's not, and what other people in other units are doing, as well.
I have been able to use my biology and chemistry a lot in the Lab, but I've also been able to learn career goals that I didn't even know that I had, because you can't learn about latent prints in school, really. It's something you learn on-site.
My advice to a future intern would just be to be patient and to be open throughout the whole process, because you're gonna feel like things aren't moving fast enough, but you learn a lot in the application and also when you get here—you learn a lot about the FBI, you learn a lot about the subject matter you're learning about, and you learn a lot about yourself. So just be ready for a lot of learning and a lot of growing.
Working at the FBI has, like, blown my mind, and so I thought that I thought it was going to be cool no matter what, but here I feel like I can be a part of the team and a part of contributing to the mission, and the examiners want to hear what I'm doing and my results, and they also want to make sure that I succeed and I learn while I'm here. So, it's been an amazing experience.
- 12.01.2023 — Inside the FBI: Charity Scams
- 12.01.2023 — FBI Omaha Hate Crime Awareness Campaign
- 11.20.2023 — FBI Charlotte: Bus Video in Madalina Cojocari Missing Person Investigation
- 11.20.2023 — Inside the FBI: The Importance of Partner Engagement
- 11.06.2023 — Chicago Warns About Charity Fraud
- 11.03.2023 — Charlotte Field Office at Beacon Project
- 10.26.2023 — FBI New Orleans hosts Federal Law Enforcement Youth Academy
- 10.26.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.20.2023 — FBI Oklahoma City on Panel Discussing Osage Murders Case
- 10.19.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Osage Murders
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses the Threat of Chinese Economic Espionage at Five Eyes Press Conference
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses Potential Misuses of AI During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Characterizes the Threat China Poses to Innovation During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.14.2023 — The FBI Continues to Build Partnerships at IACP
- 09.29.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts New Agent Training Program for Indian Country
- 09.29.2023 — Operation Not Forgotten
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Brother
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Mother
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023