FBI Honors Intern Profile: Mary Katelyn, Office of Public Affairs
Mary Katelyn shares her experience working as an honors intern in the FBI's Office of Public Affairs.
Mary Katelyn: I am actually a public relations and business major, and through my summer in the public affairs office, I have been able to work on many different things from writing articles, working on media campaigns, assisting with pitching, attending, you know, daily meetings, and just kind of seeing what it does take that goes into a PR career here at the Bureau.
I've learned so much this summer; it's been an incredible opportunity. Definitely things that you cannot learn in the classroom, that's for sure. Actually, the other day, I had the opportunity to attend like, mock-interviews, and I left that meeting and I was like, "Wow, I think I've learned more in the last two hours than I've learned, like, all four years of college."
My highlight of the summer has to have been getting to meet so many different people. With being in the Office of Public Affairs, I've had the opportunity to interview multiple different people, whether it's interns, to people who have been at the Bureau for over 48 years, and being able to hear their story and what made them stay at the FBI for so long, and just hearing about their career and how they've been able to live out the FBI mission.
Someone should apply for the FBI internship program because they are going to take away opportunities, like I said, that they wouldn't be able to get in a classroom. I think you're able to meet people, you're able to build your portfolio and your resume, and you're able to really make an impact and a difference in the world—even the littlest, smallest part that you may play.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets