Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 5
FBI Charlotte Supervisory Special Agent Brian Cyprian educates families how the devices that make our lives more convenient can put our cyber security at risk. He highlights some of the red flags all types of scams have in common.
My name is Brian Cyprian, I’m the supervisor for the Charlotte Cyber Squad.
Technology is constantly changing and we find ourselves relying upon it a lot more nowadays. From our digital devices to interconnected devices in our home, laptops, various computers, these things provide great convenience for us, however they provide opportunities for scammers.
Now the technology has changed, but many of the red flags haven’t. Today, I’d like to share some of those red flags with you. Payments offered in amounts higher than the listed price. Many times scammers use email addresses that are disguised and appear to be legitimate, but they’re not. Unsolicited emails, texts, or any requests for your username and passwords.
And as always, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Please report any crimes to ic3.gov
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll