Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 2
FBI Charlotte Supervisory Special Agent Jessica Nye brings attention to the red flags different scams seem to have in common. Learn how to protect your family from cyber threats.
Scams change, red flags don’t.
Hi, my name is Jessica Nye, cyber supervisor for the FBI in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Every single day there are cyber threats targeting you and your families. It is all of our responsibilities to protect ourselves against these threats. Listen to these red flags and do your part ensuring the safety and security of your family and loved ones.
If payments are offered in amounts higher than listed price. If you receive an email in which the email address is disguised to seem legitimate, instead of where it actually comes from. If you receive unsolicited emails, texts, etc., requesting you to confirm your usernames and your passwords.
And as always, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Report any scams or internet fraud activity you’ve received to www.ic3.gov
- 12.01.2023 — Inside the FBI: Charity Scams
- 12.01.2023 — FBI Omaha Hate Crime Awareness Campaign
- 11.20.2023 — FBI Charlotte: Bus Video in Madalina Cojocari Missing Person Investigation
- 11.20.2023 — Inside the FBI: The Importance of Partner Engagement
- 11.06.2023 — Chicago Warns About Charity Fraud
- 11.03.2023 — Charlotte Field Office at Beacon Project
- 10.26.2023 — FBI New Orleans hosts Federal Law Enforcement Youth Academy
- 10.26.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.20.2023 — FBI Oklahoma City on Panel Discussing Osage Murders Case
- 10.19.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Osage Murders
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses the Threat of Chinese Economic Espionage at Five Eyes Press Conference
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses Potential Misuses of AI During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Characterizes the Threat China Poses to Innovation During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.14.2023 — The FBI Continues to Build Partnerships at IACP
- 09.29.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts New Agent Training Program for Indian Country
- 09.29.2023 — Operation Not Forgotten
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Brother
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Mother
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023