Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 2
FBI Charlotte Supervisory Special Agent Jessica Nye brings attention to the red flags different scams seem to have in common. Learn how to protect your family from cyber threats.
Scams change, red flags don’t.
Hi, my name is Jessica Nye, cyber supervisor for the FBI in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Every single day there are cyber threats targeting you and your families. It is all of our responsibilities to protect ourselves against these threats. Listen to these red flags and do your part ensuring the safety and security of your family and loved ones.
If payments are offered in amounts higher than listed price. If you receive an email in which the email address is disguised to seem legitimate, instead of where it actually comes from. If you receive unsolicited emails, texts, etc., requesting you to confirm your usernames and your passwords.
And as always, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Report any scams or internet fraud activity you’ve received to www.ic3.gov
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago
- 10.18.2021 — Wanted By the FBI: Andrew Peter Dabbs
- 10.17.2021 — FBI Director Wray Remarks for National Police Week 2021
- 10.15.2021 — Director Wray Lays Wreath at FBI Headquarters
- 10.14.2021 — Wanted By the FBI: Michael James Pratt
- 10.12.2021 — FBI Tampa and Raymond James Financial Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.12.2021 — FBI Tampa and Raymond James Financial Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.06.2021 — FBI Seattle 2021 Police Week Message
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Cyanoacrylate Fuming
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Fingerprinting
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Final Exercise
- 10.01.2021 — FBI Dallas and Ross Perot Jr. Describe Cybersecurity Partnership