Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
The FBI is seeking information on the whereabouts of a mother and daughter from South Carolina.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is seeking information on the whereabouts of this mother and daughter from South Carolina.
Jennifer Lea Settle is wanted for allegedly abducting McKenna Butcher in April after learning that full custody would be given to the 11-year-old’s father.
Special Agent Robert Hamod…
Robert Hamod: It was at that point that Jennifer took McKenna up to Maryland and visited some family friends where she told them that she was going to disappear and that they would never hear from her again.
Halpern: This home video shows McKenna in a performance at her church back in March of 2018.
McKenna’s father, Michael Butcher, is desperate for his daughter to return home.
Michael Butcher: She’s my only child. She needs a loving father. It’s been a very, very, sad situation all around.
Halpern: Jennifer and McKenna’s behavior may help them stand out.
Hamod: The mother and daughter have an unusually close relationship. So much so that Jennifer never allows McKenna out of her sight.
Halpern: Take a good look at Jennifer and McKenna. If you recognize them, please call your local FBI field office or police.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul