Netherlands Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
Jannine Van den Berg, chief of the Central Unit of the Netherlands Police, gives remarks on Operation Trojan Shield, a joint law enforcement effort by the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, Australian Federal Police, Europol, and law enforcement partners in more than a dozen countries. The operation included hundreds of arrests in Australia and across Europe.
First of all, I would like to thank you for inviting me to contribute to this press conference on behalf of the Netherlands Police.
It is an honor to jointly reveal the wonderful news about this incredible, innovative, and advanced international operation.
Together, we have managed to do it again! Just like we did during the investigations into crypto-communication services like Sky and Encrochat, we were able to intercept and read messaged exchanged between serious criminals. This time, via a communication service developed by the government itself. My compliments!
Such large-scale investigations can only be achieved if we join forces at the international level, with each country contributing its own unique expertise. The Central Unit of the Netherlands Police contributed by developing high-quality technological tools and making them available to the other participating countries, thus enabling the analysis and interpretation of the millions of messages gathered. This provided us with a host of information about many national and international criminal organizations and enabled us to further enhance the information we gathered during other crypto-communication investigations.
In the future, too, we will continue unabated to track down and dismantle criminal organizations—both nationally and internationally. Working together, we can get the job done. Thank you.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets