100 Years of African-American Special Agents: Nicole Dunn
Special Agent Nicole Dunn has served for nearly 11 years in the FBI. She shared her thoughts on her career, the FBI, and the role of African Americans during events in November 2019 marking the 100-year anniversary of the first African-American special agent, James Wormley Jones.
I have had the pleasure thus far of serving in two different divisions and meeting a great cadre of folks. Some of those folks are now retired agents that encouraged me and pushed me and helped me to develop along the way. I don't have any particular stories, but I can say that Quantico was extremely stressful and a challenge in and of itself.
And what was nice is that going through that process and meeting other applicants that were coming in, and specifically other African-American applicants that were coming in. We'd recognize each other, greet each other, and then encourage each other to push through and make it in the process. And it's gratifying to be able to look back and see some of those folks whenever we have events such as this. And we come from around the country to see those folks and remember some of what we went through.
One-hundred years is a phenomenal accomplishment. And I stand on the shoulders of a great group of men and women who persevered through a lot. Through a lot of adversity in a very troubling era of the civil rights movement that was going on back then. And so, their accomplishments are what make it possible for me to sit here today. And for that I am extremely grateful. And I hope that we will be able to bring others in to really show and have the diversity that I know the FBI's capable of.
- 06.11.2020 — Help Identify Subject Who Threw Explosive in Uptown Charlotte
- 06.04.2020 — Director Wray’s Remarks Regarding George Floyd’s Death and FBI Role in Current Events
- 06.01.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Congratulates Penguins Foundation
- 05.28.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast: IC3 Turns 20
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Phoenix Joins Arizona Law Enforcement Leaders in Honoring the Fallen
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Sacramento SAC Congratulates Fairfield Police Chief
- 05.18.2020 — 2020 Police Week FBI Chicago Candlelight Vigil
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Dallas Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Honolulu COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 05.15.2020 — FBI San Diego Honors Fallen Officers During National Police Week
- 05.15.2020 — FBI New Orleans Recognizes Peace Officers Memorial Day
- 05.14.2020 — 2020 FBI Wall of Honor Memorial Service
- 05.14.2020 — Director Wray Honors Law Enforcement Partners During National Police Week
- 05.11.2020 — Minneapolis FBI Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.08.2020 — Jacksonville SAC Congratulates High School Graduates
- 05.08.2020 — Seattle FBI Recognizes Fallen Officers in Police Week Message
- 05.04.2020 — FBI Dallas COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 04.30.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast Trailer: FBI Top Ten List Turns 70
- 04.30.2020 — FBI Jacksonville Honors Director's Community Leadership Award Recipient
- 04.29.2020 — FBI Volunteers Assist Families in Philadelphia