FBI Director Discusses Protected Voices Initiative
FBI Director Christopher Wray describes the FBI's Protected Voices initiative, which aims to help political campaigns, private companies, and individuals protect themselves from foreign actors who want to hijack their message.
I’m Chris Wray, Director of the FBI.
America’s elections are the foundation of our democracy, so protecting them is a priority for the FBI and our partners.
Unfortunately, we face today a very real threat from foes who seek to undermine our elections through online foreign influence operations.
That’s why the FBI has launched our Protected Voices initiative, working with our partners at the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Protected Voices aims to help political campaigns, private companies, and individuals protect themselves from foreign actors who want to hijack their message.
We’ve created these Protected Voices videos to showcase the methods these adversaries might use, and to help campaigns practice good cyber hygiene, because the foundation of election security is cybersecurity.
We hope that campaign managers, staff, and IT directors will watch these videos and incorporate our guidance wherever possible.
We also urge you to use these videos as part of your onboarding process for campaign staffers and volunteers.
Most of all, we encourage you to please share these videos beyond your campaigns. All American voices are important, and the FBI’s Protected Voices videos and resources will help all Americans protect themselves online.
Remember, you are the first line of defense against foreign influence operations. By protecting your systems, you’re protecting your voice, and protecting our country.
Finally, don’t hesitate to reach out to your local FBI office with any questions or concerns.
Your voice matters, so protect it.
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023
- 08.29.2023 — FBI Director Christopher Wray Announces Major Operation Targeting the Qakbot Botnet
- 08.23.2023 — Little Rock Operation Cross Country 2023
- 08.18.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Searching for Steven
- 08.16.2023 — FBI Kansas Intern Experience 2023
- 08.15.2023 — Susan Wright talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Dave Kadela talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Britany Perkins DAR Video
- 08.14.2023 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 08.08.2023 — Making Sense of FISA Section 702
- 08.01.2023 — Video Footage from Operation Cross Country 13
- 07.31.2023 — Defending Against AI Threats
- 07.28.2023 — FBI Dallas Joint Operation Targets Gang Members, Violent Criminals
- 07.27.2023 — FBI Columbia Citizens Academy
- 07.27.2023 — Identity Theft Victim Shares Her Story
- 07.26.2023 — Director Wray Addresses FBI Atlanta Cyber Threat Summit
- 07.26.2023 — FBI Cyber and Nebraska Farm Bureau
- 07.24.2023 — Director Wray NOBLE Speech
- 07.20.2023 — Director Wray Lauds the FBI's Partnerships