FBI Director Discusses Protected Voices Initiative
FBI Director Christopher Wray describes the FBI's Protected Voices initiative, which aims to help political campaigns, private companies, and individuals protect themselves from foreign actors who want to hijack their message.
I’m Chris Wray, Director of the FBI.
America’s elections are the foundation of our democracy, so protecting them is a priority for the FBI and our partners.
Unfortunately, we face today a very real threat from foes who seek to undermine our elections through online foreign influence operations.
That’s why the FBI has launched our Protected Voices initiative, working with our partners at the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Protected Voices aims to help political campaigns, private companies, and individuals protect themselves from foreign actors who want to hijack their message.
We’ve created these Protected Voices videos to showcase the methods these adversaries might use, and to help campaigns practice good cyber hygiene, because the foundation of election security is cybersecurity.
We hope that campaign managers, staff, and IT directors will watch these videos and incorporate our guidance wherever possible.
We also urge you to use these videos as part of your onboarding process for campaign staffers and volunteers.
Most of all, we encourage you to please share these videos beyond your campaigns. All American voices are important, and the FBI’s Protected Voices videos and resources will help all Americans protect themselves online.
Remember, you are the first line of defense against foreign influence operations. By protecting your systems, you’re protecting your voice, and protecting our country.
Finally, don’t hesitate to reach out to your local FBI office with any questions or concerns.
Your voice matters, so protect it.
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 01.26.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh: Where We Work
- 01.26.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Human Trafficking
- 01.25.2022 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Cyber Hygiene
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran