FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Expands
October 23, 2019
The FBI is expanding an initiative—created in coordination with the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence—to help protect the integrity of American elections.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is expanding an initiative—created in coordination with the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence—to help protect the integrity of American elections.
Protected Voices helps political campaigns, companies, and individuals protect themselves against online foreign influence operations and cyber threats.
FBI Director Christopher Wray says these efforts aim to help campaigns practice good cyber hygiene, because the foundation of election security is cybersecurity.
Christopher Wray: Remember: You are the first line of defense against foreign influence operations. By protecting your systems, you’re protecting your voice, and protecting our country.
Halpern: The FBI is holding briefings with political campaign staff and volunteers on federal, state, and local levels to help them understand the tactics hostile foreign powers use against us.
The FBI also created videos and other resources for campaigns that are useful to the public.
Watch the videos and learn more about what the FBI is telling presidential campaigns at fbi.gov/protectedvoices.
Your voice matters, so protect it.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 11.22.2022 — Inside the FBI: Hanging Up on Tech Support Scams
- 10.28.2022 — Inside the FBI: Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Omar Alexander Cardenas
- 10.07.2022 — Audio of Amy Lynn Hanson Seeking Information Poster in Navajo and English
- 10.07.2022 — Audio of Jolynn Marie Calavaza Seeking Information Poster in Navajo and English
- 08.25.2022 — Inside the FBI: Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Ruja Ignatova