Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available in Kevin Robert Harris, II Murder Investigation
The FBI is offering an up to $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder of a talented musician.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering an up to $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder of a talented musician.
Kevin Harris, II, seen here in a music video, was only 21 years old but experienced artists sought after his music.
His father and namesake, Kevin Harris, Sr.
Kevin Harris, Sr.: Ice Cube did buy one of his tracks, and it is on one of his albums.
Halpern: Kevin was known as Track Bully in the music industry.
Harris, Sr.: I love him so much, and I respect him so much, and his talent was just phenomenal.
Halpern: On September 20, 2009, Kevin was driving to a recording session at a music studio at the corner of 118th Place and Crenshaw Boulevard in Inglewood, California.
FBI Special Agent Sean Sterle says as soon as Kevin arrived, another car—possibly a 2005 Toyota Corolla—pulled up next to him.
Sean Sterle: … and approximately 10-17 shots were fired into Kevin’s car. Kevin died shortly thereafter on his way to the hospital in an ambulance.
Halpern: Kevin’s mother, Katheryn, says she has her son’s music—and it plays on. So do her memories of him.
Katheryn: I think about his beautiful face and him holding me and telling me how much he loves me.
Halpern: The FBI and its partners at the Inglewood Police Department are seeking information about Kevin’s murder.
Katheryn: I want to know who murdered my son. I want to look at them. God knows what else they might have done after my son was murdered.
Halpern: You can report tips anonymously to the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office or online at tips.fbi.gov.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In