Sketch Artist Assisted in Oklahoma City Bombing Case
While sifting through debris, FBI agents found evidence that led them to an auto body shop. They believed a mechanic at the shop had seen the bombing suspect, so Ray Rozycki interviewed the mechanic and created a sketch that led to the identification and arrest of Timothy McVeigh.
Ray Rozycki: [dramatic music plays throughout] Late in the day, the 19th, I believe, word came that they had discovered a piece of evidence that led them to a truck rental shop in Fort Riley, Kansas.
Late in the evening, I was tapped to go there and do interviews with witnesses. I got onto a private plane and that put me there around midnight. And they had the witnesses waiting for me.
We talked about the process initially, using the catalogue, having him describe. Once I had an image done, adjust the image to completion, the first one that we did turned out to be the UNSUB 1, which was Timothy McVeigh.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In