Wanted by the FBI: Josephine Sunshine Overaker
The FBI is offering an up to $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Josephine Sunshine Overaker, an alleged domestic terrorist.
Mollie Halpern: An up to $50,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest of this woman, alleged domestic terrorist Josephine Sunshine Overaker.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, with Wanted by the FBI.
This is an age-progressed image of what Josephine Overaker would look like these days.
Overaker is wanted for arson and other crimes she committed dating back to 1996 when she was a member of an eco-terrorism cell known as The Family.
The cell acted in the name of extremist groups including the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front.
Special Agent Timothy Suttles…
Timothy Suttles: She was one of the main people to shoplift equipment and devices that they used in these arsons.
Halpern: The crimes spanned five states: Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, and Wyoming.
Here is a look at one of their crimes in Colorado at the Vail Ski Resort, which remains the largest eco-related arson in history.
Suttles: Josephine Overaker, in committing these crimes, put first responders’ lives in danger as well as causing over $45 million in damages.
Halpern: Josephine Overaker, who is fluent in Spanish, may be living overseas in Spain.
Investigators say she left the United States shortly after Operation Backfire, an FBI-led national takedown 10 years ago this month that resulted in the arrests of some of her co-conspirators.
Overaker may be using an alias such as…
Suttles: She used Lisa Quintana, China, Jo, and Osha.
Halpern: Check out one of Josephine Overaker’s tattoos.
Suttles: A very large bird tattoo that starts on her right shoulder and stretches across her shoulder blades. The color of this tattoo is a dark green, almost black. A lot of feathers.
Halpern: Overaker has facial hair on her upper lip. She is vegan. The alleged arsonist has worked as a firefighter, a midwife, a sheep tender, and a masseuse.
If you have information about this case, report tips to your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
- 07.13.2018 — FBI St. Louis – Armed Business Robbery on June 23, 2018
- 07.13.2018 — Chicago Youth Baseball Leagues Benefit from FBI Fraud Case
- 06.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims
- 06.11.2018 — FBI Swears In Honors Interns
- 05.25.2018 — FBI New York - Citgo Robbery on February 14, 2018
- 05.15.2018 — Tennessee Ponzi Scheme Preyed on Friends and Neighbors
- 05.07.2018 — Reporting Cyber Crime is as Easy as IC3
- 04.27.2018 — Director’s Community Leadership Awards promotional video
- 04.26.2018 — Facebook Live Event - Becoming an Intelligence Analyst
- 04.25.2018 — 2017 Director's Community Leadership Awards
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division completes final day at RSA Conference
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division wraps up 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Recruiting seminar at the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Meet an FBI Bomb Technician and working K-9 at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — San Francisco section chief to speak at 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Visit the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.03.2018 — Operation Targets Dark Web Drug Buyers
- 03.29.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available in Kevin Robert Harris, II Murder Investigation
- 03.23.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Tips in Amy Bradley Investigation