Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
Special Agent John Woodill remembers feeling exciting the moment he drove through the front gate at Quantico.
John Woodill: I remember distinctly pulling into the gate and parking as they were processing people’s cars to go through the gate and then to the dorm for, you know, processing and getting your room and getting oriented and stuff. So it was a great anticipation, it was excitement being there, not really knowing what to expect. No matter how well the recruitment process is it’s difficult to really know until you’re there. And it was just an incredible onboarding experience—there’s so much to take in, to believe you’re there in the first place, where you are and what it might be like. Until the next day, the first PT test when I wrecked my hamstring, so then, you know, then reality sets in and you go through a process of rehabbing and getting through, so…which is always remarkable in and of itself—how you get through difficulties and things that everybody faces. So, just unmitigated excitement and then trying to get down to brass tacks and figure your way through it. And it has to be exciting; how could it not be?
- 10.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Lamont Stephenson Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 10.11.2018 — New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 25, 2018 Walgreens Pharmacy Robbery
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 15, 2018 Subway Shop Robbery
- 09.24.2018 — Daughter of Slain Virginia Trooper Seeks Clues in Unsolved Case
- 09.24.2018 — FBI Crime Data Explorer
- 09.04.2018 — Facebook Live Event: An Inside Look at Physical Fitness
- 09.03.2018 — Smithsonian Assists FBI in Minnesota Ruby Slippers Case
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Information Security (InfoSec)
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Wi-Fi
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Social Engineering
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Virtual Private Networks
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Safer Campaign Communications
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Router Hardening
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Patching, Firewalls, and Anti-Virus Software
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Passwords
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Incident Response
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Have You Been Hacked?
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Cloud-Based Services
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Browser and App Safety