Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
Special Agent David Lewis recalls arriving at the FBI Academy and feeling uncertain about the months ahead.
David Lewis: And you don’t always remember everything about Quantico ‘cause it’s a long process, but you remember the first day. For me the first day was a lot of anxiety, and the major reason being, again, I had spent just under 10 years in the private sector. Law enforcement and intelligence, you know, although I felt I had the skills to be able to do it, I had absolutely no idea what it actually meant, you know. So there’s a lot of anxiety. The other part of it is, you know, you’re a grown up when you go to Quantico—it’s not like going to college where you’re, you know, you’re young and you’re, you know, you’re getting dropped off at your dorm. So the people you’re coming there with have worked other places, have lived other places. So, you know, there is some apprehension about, “Alright, are you going to get along with people?” Like, you’re bunking with somebody—I mean how many of us as grown ups share a room, aside from with your spouse? So, there’s a lot of uncertainty, I think, with the people, but then there’s also the uncertainty of, you know, or even a general idea I’m going to be an agent. But you don’t have any idea what that really means.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division