Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
Special Agent David Lewis recalls arriving at the FBI Academy and feeling uncertain about the months ahead.
David Lewis: And you don’t always remember everything about Quantico ‘cause it’s a long process, but you remember the first day. For me the first day was a lot of anxiety, and the major reason being, again, I had spent just under 10 years in the private sector. Law enforcement and intelligence, you know, although I felt I had the skills to be able to do it, I had absolutely no idea what it actually meant, you know. So there’s a lot of anxiety. The other part of it is, you know, you’re a grown up when you go to Quantico—it’s not like going to college where you’re, you know, you’re young and you’re, you know, you’re getting dropped off at your dorm. So the people you’re coming there with have worked other places, have lived other places. So, you know, there is some apprehension about, “Alright, are you going to get along with people?” Like, you’re bunking with somebody—I mean how many of us as grown ups share a room, aside from with your spouse? So, there’s a lot of uncertainty, I think, with the people, but then there’s also the uncertainty of, you know, or even a general idea I’m going to be an agent. But you don’t have any idea what that really means.
- 10.18.2017 — Raw Video: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.18.2017 — Former Trafficking Victim Describes Her Ordeal and Rescue
- 10.18.2017 — Operation Cross Country: 'Our Primary Goal is to Recover Children'
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom