Wanted by the FBI: East Area Rapist
June 15, 2016
The FBI is offering an up to $50,000 reward for the conviction of the East Area Rapist.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering an up to $50,000 reward for the conviction of the East Area Rapist.
The unknown suspect committed more than 45 rapes and a dozen homicides between 1976 and 1986.
Marcus Knutson: During that time frame, everybody was in fear. This guy was terrorizing the community. He did horrible things to people.
Halpern: That was FBI Special Agent Marcus Knutson.
The suspect’s hunting ground was near a now-shuttered air force base in Sacramento, California, where 21-year-old Brian Maggiore was a sergeant.
Maggiore and his wife, Katie, were shot and killed while walking their dog, Thumper, back in 1978.
For Katie’s brother, Kenneth Smith, the pain is still fresh.
Kenneth Smith: It doesn’t get any easier. I miss them dearly. She had a great outgoing personality, she was fun, she loved to smile and laugh.
Halpern: Report tips at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
Knutson: Please call that number. Any little bit of information will help us out on this case.
Halpern: With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 06.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 06.12.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Sextorsión
- 06.07.2019 — FBI, This Week: The National DNA Index System
- 05.30.2019 — FBI, This Week: Sextortion Activity on the Rise
- 05.29.2019 — Se Busca por el FBI: Arnoldo Jiménez ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados