Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information About Catholic Church Arsons
October 7, 2019
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information regarding arsons at three Catholic churches in El Paso, Texas.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information regarding arsons at three Catholic churches in El Paso, Texas.
A reward of up to $5,000 is available for information leading directly to the identification, arrest, and conviction of those responsible.
The investigation shows the perpetrator used incendiary devices to set the churches on fire earlier this year.
Special Agent George Torres says although no one was hurt, St. Matthew Catholic Church, St. Patrick Cathedral, and St. Jude Catholic Church were damaged.
George Torres: One church sustained damage to the exterior walls, another church sustained damage to a stained glass window, and a third church sustained extensive damage to the interior walls, pews, and some of the religious artifacts inside the church.
Mollie Halpern: The impact of the arsons extends to the churches’ parishioners and greater community.
Torres: The FBI takes seriously any threats or actions against these religious institutions and will aggressively investigate these matters.
Halpern: If you have information about these arsons report your tips anonymously at 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.26.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA - Tagalog (FBI Los Angeles)
- 02.04.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 01.21.2020 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Ley de Protección de las Víctimas de la Trata de Personas
- 01.21.2020 — FBI, This Week: 2019 Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report Released
- 01.16.2020 — Se Busca por el FBI: Jose Arturo Navarrete, Jr.