The National Data Exchange (N-DEx) is the only national investigative information sharing system. N-DEx enables agencies to leverage the power of the entire criminal justice community.
N-DEx automatically “connects the dots” between seemingly unrelated data.
Harness the power of N-DEx.
- Gain free and immediate access to information that spans records from the full criminal justice lifecycle.
- Search local, state, tribal, and federal criminal justice records.
- Detect relationships between people, events, property, and locations.
- Share valuable case information in a secure real-time environment.
- Use advanced analytical tools to graphically depict your investigations and identify “hot spots” of criminal activity.
- Receive notification when new records of interest enter the system or when another user searches similar interests.
N-DEx is an investigative, operational, and tactical resource that enhances public safety.
N-DEx enhances the criminal justice community’s ability to share relevant information in a timely and secure manner in order to generate leads, identify victims, find unknown subjects, and identify and combine victim losses.
N-DEx was created with the security and privacy of criminal justice information in mind. N-DEx allows agencies to determine what data they will share, with whom, and at what level of openness:
- Ownership of data submissions to N-DEx always remains with the submitting agency.
- N-DEx provides agencies with flexible sharing options.
- Prior to using information found in N-DEx, users must obtain approval from the record-owning agency.
- Agencies have the ability, through their own systems, to provide their personnel access to N-DEx via a desktop icon.
“The question is often asked, ‘...where is my incentive to contribute data?’ My feeling is that by sharing information with N-DEx, my data is now open to thousands of investigators. This is the real value of the system: the ability to leverage the resources and expertise of the entire criminal justice community to solve crime and enhance public safety.”
Sheriff Larry Stelma, Kent County, Michigan
The N-DEx Program Office provides free technical support to assist agencies in contributing data and providing officers access to the system. To learn how your agency can participate, contact the N-DEx Program Office at email@example.com.
N-DEx: The right information in the right hands right now.