Access Troubleshooting Tips
Access Troubleshooting Tips. If you’re having a problem accessing the N-DEx system, please review the below instructions.
Access Troubleshooting Tips
If you’re having a problem accessing the N-DEx system, please review the below instructions.
First choice of browser should be Firefox 3.6, or Internet Explorer 8.
- Open up the browser and check which version it is—navigate to “Help—About”
- If you have either an older or newer version, you may experience issues. If needed, please install a supported browser version. Go to either:
- Firefox 3.6: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Internet Explorer 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-8
- For Internet Explorer 8, navigate to “Tools—Internet Options—Security”, click on “Trusted Sites” and then click on the “Sites” button and add the N-DEx URL to the list.
Your computer’s browser must have internet access to the N-DEx portal site.
- For LEO Sig, browse to www.leo.gov, then click on the EO Enterprise Portal “Click Here” link, then in the new page that opens up, under “Services—My Services,” click on “NDEX”.
Your browser must have internet access to a few additional sites that N-DEx relies upon:
- For N-DEx Geospatial functionality, your browser needs internet access to ArcGIS map tile image servers: https://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer. Test your access by typing above link into your browser and verifying that you get something back.
For N-DEx Link Visualization functionality, your computer needs to be able to run an applet that relies on Java 1.6 being installed on your computer.
- Test this by going to the site: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- If needed, follow the links to install a 1.6 version onto your computer.
- Verify that your browser knows about your installed version of Java.
- For Firefox 3.6, navigate to “Tools—Options—Main—Manage Add-ons—Plugins”, you should see “Java(TM) Platform SE 6 …” in the list of plugins.
- For Inter Explorer 8, navigate to “Tools—Options—Advanced—Settings”, scrolling down through the list of settings, you should see an entry for “Java (Sun)” with a checked box for “Use JRE 1.6…”
If you still experience issues, you can try clearing your browser’s cache (both browsers), and then completely exit the browser program (usually only required for Internet Explorer), followed by going back into N-DEx to try again.
- For Firefox 3.6, navigate to “Tools—Clear Recent History” and set the “Time range to clear” to be “Everything” and under the “Details”, select all checkboxes and then click on the “Clear Now” button (keyboard shortcut: Control+Shift+Delete).
- For Internet Explorer 8, navigate to “Tools—Delete Browsing History” and check all boxes except the first one “Preserve favorites website data” and click “Delete” (keyboard shortcut: Control+Shift+Delete).