Think Before You Post PSA
FBI Chicago has produced a PSA that warns social media users to strongly consider the ramifications and consequences of their messages before they are posted.
At the time, I just wasn’t thinking. I used social media to vent.
I wished I would have thought about effects of scaring people.
I didn’t mean for that to happen.
People took it as a terrorist threat; the university got shut down; I got arrested by the FBI; and now, I don’t know what my future looks like.
I search my name on the web almost every day and look at this stuff. It’s not going away.
Think before you post.
- 01.25.2022 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Cyber Hygiene
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes