Portland Teen Academy
Every year, the FBI in Oregon hosts a teen academy to bring together a diverse group of high school students from across the state.
Every year, the FBI in Oregon hosts a teen academy to bring together a diverse group of high school students from across the state. The weeklong, in-residence camp gives the teens a chance to learn from each other, take a critical look at the issues facing our shared communities and explore their educational and career options as young leaders.
Through this immersive experience, the students will take part in hands-on activities with the FBI’s specialty teams, including the Evidence Response Team and Emergency Medical Technicians. Experts in Constitutional law, community policing, violence prevention, gangs and cyber safety will engage the participants in discussions of how they can help their communities thrive. FBI fit instructors will work with the students each day, challenging them to better their physical selves with a focus on safe and healthy behaviors.
The academy is free to participants... but there is a competitive process to get in. As part of the application process, students will share their GPA as well as details about how they've worked to make their community stronger through participation in school activities and volunteer opportunities. There are also a series of short essay questions to complete.
The FBI receives more than one hundred applications each year, but only a few are chosen. Will you be one of them?
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case