The Brady Gang, Part 2
Gun battles, police chases, and a jailbreak—these are the makings of one of the most intense manhunts in the history of American crime. The case begins in the month of October back in 1936, when the Brady Gang broke out of an Indiana jail and sped away in a stolen car. On their trail was a special squad of so-called G-Men.
Mollie Halpern: Gun battles, police chases, and a jailbreak—these are the makings of one of the most intense manhunts in the history of American crime. I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week. The case begins in the month of October back in 1936, when the Brady Gang broke out of an Indiana jail and sped away in a stolen car. On their trail was a special squad of so-called G-Men.
John Fox: The flying squads, as we called them, that would go after the gangsters.
Halpern: That was FBI Historian John Fox. Police from multiple states were also after the Brady bandits, who were accused of murdering a police officer, robbing about 150 stores, and transporting their stolen goods across state lines.
The gang managed to elude the law for one year. They lived peacefully in Baltimore but carried out their crimes in the Midwest.
Fox: And so it was hard to figure out where they were.
- 03.16.2018 — Facebook Live Event - FBI Investigative Publicity Program
- 03.08.2018 — Special Agent Selection Process: Core Competencies
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud