The Brady Gang, Part 2
Gun battles, police chases, and a jailbreak—these are the makings of one of the most intense manhunts in the history of American crime. The case begins in the month of October back in 1936, when the Brady Gang broke out of an Indiana jail and sped away in a stolen car. On their trail was a special squad of so-called G-Men.
Mollie Halpern: Gun battles, police chases, and a jailbreak—these are the makings of one of the most intense manhunts in the history of American crime. I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week. The case begins in the month of October back in 1936, when the Brady Gang broke out of an Indiana jail and sped away in a stolen car. On their trail was a special squad of so-called G-Men.
John Fox: The flying squads, as we called them, that would go after the gangsters.
Halpern: That was FBI Historian John Fox. Police from multiple states were also after the Brady bandits, who were accused of murdering a police officer, robbing about 150 stores, and transporting their stolen goods across state lines.
The gang managed to elude the law for one year. They lived peacefully in Baltimore but carried out their crimes in the Midwest.
Fox: And so it was hard to figure out where they were.
- 04.24.2019 — Seeking Information in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 04.15.2019 — Seeking Information: Feb. 14, 2019, Bank Robbery, Las Vegas
- 03.27.2019 — FBI Boston Seeking Witnesses in Jassy Correia Kidnapping Case
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming
- 01.24.2019 — Video Message to Employees from Director Wray
- 01.19.2019 — Robbery, BP Gas Station, Henrico County, Virginia
- 12.21.2018 — Memorial Held for Victims of Pan Am 103 Bombing
- 12.14.2018 — Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kathryn Turman
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Carole Johnson