Seeking Information in Amy Mihaljevic Murder
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy Mihaljevic.
Mollie Halpern: This is the sweet face of 10-year-old Amy Renee Mihaljevic. Young Amy enjoyed riding her bike around her quaint hometown community of Bay Village, Ohio—a suburb of Cleveland.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI. Amy walked to the Bay Village Square Shopping Center after school one day back in October of 1989. There, she met with a man who had promised to take her shopping for a gift for her mom who had recently gotten a promotion at work. The man- who witnesses describe as white between the ages of 30 and 40—had called Amy couple of weeks earlier and told her she was good at keeping secrets. Special Agent Vicki Anderson…
Vicki Anderson: He actually allowed her to call her mother and tell her that she was okay. So, mom assumed Amy was at home calling when really she was with the abductor at that time.
Halpern: Several months later in February, a jogger discovered Amy’s little body in the field of a farm next to Township Road 1181 in Ashland County, Ohio. That’s about 50 miles south of Amy’s hometown.
Anderson: Amy was dressed in the same clothes that she had on when she was abducted. She had been stabbed and had head trauma.
Halpern: Three items Amy had with her on the day she was abducted have never been found.
Anderson: There was a turquoise horse earring, her little black ankle boots and then a black leather binder.
Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy.
Anderson: We want to bring resolution, we want to know who did this to Amy and we want to see them brought to justice.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, please, call your local FBI field office or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 03.16.2018 — Facebook Live Event - FBI Investigative Publicity Program
- 03.08.2018 — Special Agent Selection Process: Core Competencies
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud