Seeking Information in Amy Mihaljevic Murder
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy Mihaljevic.
Mollie Halpern: This is the sweet face of 10-year-old Amy Renee Mihaljevic. Young Amy enjoyed riding her bike around her quaint hometown community of Bay Village, Ohio—a suburb of Cleveland.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI. Amy walked to the Bay Village Square Shopping Center after school one day back in October of 1989. There, she met with a man who had promised to take her shopping for a gift for her mom who had recently gotten a promotion at work. The man- who witnesses describe as white between the ages of 30 and 40—had called Amy couple of weeks earlier and told her she was good at keeping secrets. Special Agent Vicki Anderson…
Vicki Anderson: He actually allowed her to call her mother and tell her that she was okay. So, mom assumed Amy was at home calling when really she was with the abductor at that time.
Halpern: Several months later in February, a jogger discovered Amy’s little body in the field of a farm next to Township Road 1181 in Ashland County, Ohio. That’s about 50 miles south of Amy’s hometown.
Anderson: Amy was dressed in the same clothes that she had on when she was abducted. She had been stabbed and had head trauma.
Halpern: Three items Amy had with her on the day she was abducted have never been found.
Anderson: There was a turquoise horse earring, her little black ankle boots and then a black leather binder.
Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy.
Anderson: We want to bring resolution, we want to know who did this to Amy and we want to see them brought to justice.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, please, call your local FBI field office or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 09.29.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Leonard Rayne Moses
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — FBI in Thailand: Confronting the Child Sex Trade
- 09.16.2016 — John Schachnovsky, FBI Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.16.2016 — Gen. Tamasak Wicharaya, Royal Thai Police
- 09.16.2016 — Glyn T. Davies, U.S. Ambassador to Thailand
- 09.13.2016 — Ernie Weyand, FBI Assistant Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Rick Snelsire, INL Director, U.S. Embassy in Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam, Royal Thai Police
- 09.13.2016 — Boom, Child Advocacy Center Director
- 09.13.2016 — Investigation of United Flight 93
- 09.06.2016 — Future Agents in Training Get Inside Look Into the FBI
- 09.02.2016 — The FBI: A Career Like No Other
- 08.29.2016 — Robbery of Blue Fins Bait, Tackle, and Guns Shop in Dundalk, Maryland (FBI Baltimore)
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: The Opportunities for Linguists
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: What We Do and How to be Successful
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Why My Work Matters