Seeking Information in Amy Mihaljevic Murder
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy Mihaljevic.
Mollie Halpern: This is the sweet face of 10-year-old Amy Renee Mihaljevic. Young Amy enjoyed riding her bike around her quaint hometown community of Bay Village, Ohio—a suburb of Cleveland.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI. Amy walked to the Bay Village Square Shopping Center after school one day back in October of 1989. There, she met with a man who had promised to take her shopping for a gift for her mom who had recently gotten a promotion at work. The man- who witnesses describe as white between the ages of 30 and 40—had called Amy couple of weeks earlier and told her she was good at keeping secrets. Special Agent Vicki Anderson…
Vicki Anderson: He actually allowed her to call her mother and tell her that she was okay. So, mom assumed Amy was at home calling when really she was with the abductor at that time.
Halpern: Several months later in February, a jogger discovered Amy’s little body in the field of a farm next to Township Road 1181 in Ashland County, Ohio. That’s about 50 miles south of Amy’s hometown.
Anderson: Amy was dressed in the same clothes that she had on when she was abducted. She had been stabbed and had head trauma.
Halpern: Three items Amy had with her on the day she was abducted have never been found.
Anderson: There was a turquoise horse earring, her little black ankle boots and then a black leather binder.
Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy.
Anderson: We want to bring resolution, we want to know who did this to Amy and we want to see them brought to justice.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, please, call your local FBI field office or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll