Seeking Information in Amy Mihaljevic Murder
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy Mihaljevic.
Mollie Halpern: This is the sweet face of 10-year-old Amy Renee Mihaljevic. Young Amy enjoyed riding her bike around her quaint hometown community of Bay Village, Ohio—a suburb of Cleveland.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI. Amy walked to the Bay Village Square Shopping Center after school one day back in October of 1989. There, she met with a man who had promised to take her shopping for a gift for her mom who had recently gotten a promotion at work. The man- who witnesses describe as white between the ages of 30 and 40—had called Amy couple of weeks earlier and told her she was good at keeping secrets. Special Agent Vicki Anderson…
Vicki Anderson: He actually allowed her to call her mother and tell her that she was okay. So, mom assumed Amy was at home calling when really she was with the abductor at that time.
Halpern: Several months later in February, a jogger discovered Amy’s little body in the field of a farm next to Township Road 1181 in Ashland County, Ohio. That’s about 50 miles south of Amy’s hometown.
Anderson: Amy was dressed in the same clothes that she had on when she was abducted. She had been stabbed and had head trauma.
Halpern: Three items Amy had with her on the day she was abducted have never been found.
Anderson: There was a turquoise horse earring, her little black ankle boots and then a black leather binder.
Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted and killed Amy.
Anderson: We want to bring resolution, we want to know who did this to Amy and we want to see them brought to justice.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, please, call your local FBI field office or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
- 07.13.2018 — FBI St. Louis – Armed Business Robbery on June 23, 2018
- 07.13.2018 — Chicago Youth Baseball Leagues Benefit from FBI Fraud Case
- 06.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims
- 06.11.2018 — FBI Swears In Honors Interns
- 05.25.2018 — FBI New York - Citgo Robbery on February 14, 2018
- 05.15.2018 — Tennessee Ponzi Scheme Preyed on Friends and Neighbors
- 05.07.2018 — Reporting Cyber Crime is as Easy as IC3
- 04.27.2018 — Director’s Community Leadership Awards promotional video
- 04.26.2018 — Facebook Live Event - Becoming an Intelligence Analyst
- 04.25.2018 — 2017 Director's Community Leadership Awards
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division completes final day at RSA Conference
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division wraps up 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Recruiting seminar at the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Meet an FBI Bomb Technician and working K-9 at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — San Francisco section chief to speak at 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Visit the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.03.2018 — Operation Targets Dark Web Drug Buyers
- 03.29.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available in Kevin Robert Harris, II Murder Investigation
- 03.23.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Tips in Amy Bradley Investigation