Agent Describes Pamir Plane Crash Recovery Efforts
Special Agent Adriene Sullivan describes the FBI's role in a recovery effort following a plane crash outside Kabul in 2010.
My very first experience with the international community here in Afghanistan revolved around the Pamir crash that took place on May 17th.
This was not a traditional FBI investigation.
We put together a team of maybe four or five FBI personnel.
Not just agents because it was such a very robust investigation.
Everybody worked together very well.
We had a system set up. And from the very beginning that system was followed out and we were able to collect immediate samples.
It was amazing in that the Afghans learned quite a bit because it was something new for them.
We learned quite a bit because it was something new for us. Because we had never worked with the DVI.
It was very satisfying in that everyone was able to get their loved ones back.
The gratification from doing this type of work is second to none.
- 04.15.2019 — Seeking Information: Feb. 14, 2019, Bank Robbery, Las Vegas
- 03.27.2019 — FBI Boston Seeking Witnesses in Jassy Correia Kidnapping Case
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming
- 01.24.2019 — Video Message to Employees from Director Wray
- 01.19.2019 — Robbery, BP Gas Station, Henrico County, Virginia
- 12.21.2018 — Memorial Held for Victims of Pan Am 103 Bombing
- 12.14.2018 — Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: The 'Laundry Ladies'
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kathryn Turman
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Carole Johnson