Seeking Clues in Morgan Harrington Case
A $150,000 reward is being offered in the murder case of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.
Mollie Halpern: A $150,000 reward is being offered in the murder case of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.
I’m Mollie Halpern and this is Wanted by the FBI.
The 20-year-old was last seen after a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia back in 2009. Her remains were later found outside of the city in a remote field. Captain Timothy Lyon of the Virginia State Police says this case has been a priority since day one.
Timothy Lyon: This crime we feel was horrific in nature and what we want to do is bring closure to Morgan’s family. We want an arrest and that’s what we’re committed to doing.
Halpern: Morgan’s case is linked by DNA to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia.
Two enhanced composite sketches of the suspect are available to the public. Alasdair Mackenzie, the FBI’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Richmond Division says…
Alasdair Mackenzie: We’re asking for the public’s assistance if they recognize the composite, be sure to call law enforcement. We want to take this individual off the street and keep him from re-offending in the future.
Halpern: For more information visit www.fbi.gov.
- 03.16.2018 — Facebook Live Event - FBI Investigative Publicity Program
- 03.08.2018 — Special Agent Selection Process: Core Competencies
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud