Seeking Clues in Morgan Harrington Case
A $150,000 reward is being offered in the murder case of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.
Mollie Halpern: A $150,000 reward is being offered in the murder case of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.
I’m Mollie Halpern and this is Wanted by the FBI.
The 20-year-old was last seen after a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia back in 2009. Her remains were later found outside of the city in a remote field. Captain Timothy Lyon of the Virginia State Police says this case has been a priority since day one.
Timothy Lyon: This crime we feel was horrific in nature and what we want to do is bring closure to Morgan’s family. We want an arrest and that’s what we’re committed to doing.
Halpern: Morgan’s case is linked by DNA to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia.
Two enhanced composite sketches of the suspect are available to the public. Alasdair Mackenzie, the FBI’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Richmond Division says…
Alasdair Mackenzie: We’re asking for the public’s assistance if they recognize the composite, be sure to call law enforcement. We want to take this individual off the street and keep him from re-offending in the future.
Halpern: For more information visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams