Director’s 2013 Police Week Message
FBI Director Robert S. Mueller expressed thanks to law enforcement officers in the U.S. and around the world in a video message released on the first day of the annual Police Week gathering in Washington D.C.
Hello, I am FBI Director Bob Mueller.
On behalf of the entire FBI, I want to recognize and thank all of our law enforcement colleagues, as we honor your service during National Police Week.
The recent events in Boston showed our nation once again the exceptional skills, dedication, and bravery of the men and women of law enforcement.
Unfortunately, the death of M.I.T. Police Officer Sean Collier also reminded us that protecting our fellow citizens sometimes requires these brave men and women to lay down their lives.
During National Police Week, we honor the memory of Officer Collier, and indeed, all who have given their lives while serving those they were sworn to protect.
In recent years, we have seen a disturbing increase in line-of-duty fatalities.
Last year’s data show we are making progress in confronting this challenge—yet the numbers are still too high.
Each of these losses is a tragedy—for the families who lost a loved one … for the departments and agencies that lost a friend and colleague … and for the communities who lost an ally, and a protector.
And each of these losses reminds us that our safety and freedom come at great cost.
We must continue to do everything in our power to reduce the threats to our officers, deputies, and agents, and to keep our colleagues safe from harm.
The FBI is proud to stand with all of you, as we work together to protect our families and communities.
Thank you again for your commitment and for your service.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics