$25,000 Reward in 2008 Encino Art Theft
The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of an extensive art collection.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of an extensive art collection.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Paintings—including one by Marc Chagall—were stolen off the walls of a home of an elderly couple in Encino, California in 2008. The paintings are worth between $14 and 22 million.
An FBI undercover operation last October led investigators to Raul Espinosa—who was trying to sell the artwork. Special Agent Elizabeth Rivas says Espinosa was a handy man in L.A.
Elizabeth Rivas: There may be other individuals whose houses he has worked on that may also be missing artwork.
Halpern: Nine pieces of artwork were recovered.
Rivas: Unfortunately, the actual owners of the art were not alive to see their art recovered.
Halpern: Another three paintings are still missing…
Rivas: Once we identify all of the individuals involved in the burglary, we’ll hopefully be able to recover the additional three paintings.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, call your local FBI office or your nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
- 06.30.2022 — Ruja Ignatova Promotes OneCoin at London Event
- 06.29.2022 — FBI and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Sextortion PSA
- 06.14.2022 — Footage from Charlotte, North Carolina, Mass Shooting on June 22, 2020
- 05.17.2022 — Domestic Security Alliance Council
- 05.11.2022 — National Senior Fraud Awareness Day
- 05.10.2022 — Director Wray's 2022 National Police Week Address
- 04.28.2022 — National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 04.28.2022 — FBI Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Promotional Video
- 04.18.2022 — Missouri Bomb Task Force Renders Safe a Cannonball
- 04.05.2022 — Former Director William Webster Offers Warning About Elder Fraud
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Oregon Cyber Task Force
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Regional Computer Forensics Lab
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Cyber Special Agent
- 03.07.2022 — Made in Beijing: The Plan for Global Market Domination
- 03.02.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Fast Boat
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Night Vision Goggles
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo & FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo Hate Crimes PSA