$25,000 Reward in 2008 Encino Art Theft
The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of an extensive art collection.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of an extensive art collection.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Paintings—including one by Marc Chagall—were stolen off the walls of a home of an elderly couple in Encino, California in 2008. The paintings are worth between $14 and 22 million.
An FBI undercover operation last October led investigators to Raul Espinosa—who was trying to sell the artwork. Special Agent Elizabeth Rivas says Espinosa was a handy man in L.A.
Elizabeth Rivas: There may be other individuals whose houses he has worked on that may also be missing artwork.
Halpern: Nine pieces of artwork were recovered.
Rivas: Unfortunately, the actual owners of the art were not alive to see their art recovered.
Halpern: Another three paintings are still missing…
Rivas: Once we identify all of the individuals involved in the burglary, we’ll hopefully be able to recover the additional three paintings.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, call your local FBI office or your nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case