FBI Jacksonville's Rachel Rojas Marks Hispanic Heritage Month
FBI Jacksonville Special Agent in Charge Rachel Rojas marks Hispanic Heritage Month.
Hello. I’m Rachel Rojas, special agent in charge of FBI Jacksonville Division. I would like to welcome you all to our celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, which is observed from every year from September 15 to October 15.
When we speak of Hispanic and Latino heritage, we speak of a rich and diverse legacy. While we share many similarities, such as our common language and pride to be Latin, we also represent a wealth of diversity. From Spain to Mexico, Panama to Puerto Rico, Equador to Chile, and Peru and the United States, each has developed their own blends of music, dance, art, traditions and, of course, my favorite: food!
Hispanic people have a long, proud history and have contributed greatly to our society, helping us thrive to be a stronger, vibrant nation, where we all have something to contribute. In our multicultural society, diversity makes us stronger, and our differences reflect our creativity. Unity is the most influential factor in solving cultural and societal problems. It infuses trust and respect for one another.
It is easy to look at the many challenges we face today and feel discouraged, or that problems can’t be solved. Yet, we can all make a difference, and I challenge you to step up. Volunteer, donate, assist those in need, mentor our youth.There are endless way to serve, especially during the pandemic.
Follow in the footsteps of Hispanic leaders of the past who took the challenge and braved new paths for today’s generation.
I leave you with the words of Roberto Clemente: Anytime you have an opportunity to make a difference in the world and you don’t, then you are wasting your time.
Thank you for joining me in this celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month.
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case
- 09.30.2020 — The Nevernight Connection
- 09.29.2020 — FBI Dallas Describes Role in Protecting Election Process
- 09.25.2020 — The Right to Vote
- 09.25.2020 — Voter Fraud
- 09.25.2020 — Election Laws