360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
The FBI Honolulu Division's Adopt-a-School program brings together students from two different high schools to solve a mock kidnapping case, culminating in a dig at a fictional crime scene, as seen in this 360-degree video. The mock investigation is part of a two-day field training exercise called PROVE (Practical Observation and Vocational Experience).
Arnold Laanui: The PROVE project is basically an attempt to mimic a multi jurisdictional investigation. Our students go ahead and are dropped into a two-day field training exercise. If they investigate their case properly they'll find two victims that have been buried maybe a year or two earlier. We're using very legitimate, authentic lab skeletons that are anatomically correct in every regard. They will also find artifacts from our alleged, pretend victims, as well as the murder weapon.
Kendrick Dang: So we went out and found out the little dig site where they were found and we started to dig up the bodies and we have to be very fragile so we don't mess up anything and we ended up finding two bodies of one male and one female, and that was actually really cool digging it up.
Angelina Gomes: It makes me feel really humble to think that someone would go through all this trouble just so I could have the experience of solving a real crime. It's actually, after doing the PROVE project, I think I might actually seriously be considering a career in law enforcement or maybe the FBI.
- 09.04.2018 — Facebook Live Event: An Inside Look at Physical Fitness
- 09.03.2018 — Smithsonian Assists FBI in Minnesota Ruby Slippers Case
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Information Security (InfoSec)
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Wi-Fi
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Social Engineering
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Virtual Private Networks
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Safer Campaign Communications
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Router Hardening
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Patching, Firewalls, and Anti-Virus Software
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Passwords
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Incident Response
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Have You Been Hacked?
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Cloud-Based Services
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Browser and App Safety
- 08.29.2018 — Seattle Detective Describes Sex Trafficker David Delay's Methods
- 08.29.2018 — Seattle Special Agent Describes David Delay Sex Trafficking Case
- 08.29.2018 — Seattle Sex Trafficking Survivor Shares Her Story
- 08.28.2018 — Apply for the FBI Honors Internship Program
- 08.03.2018 — Unexpected Agents at the FBI
- 08.03.2018 — FBI Special Agent Careers – Law Enforcement