360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
The FBI Honolulu Division's Adopt-a-School program brings together students from two different high schools to solve a mock kidnapping case, culminating in a dig at a fictional crime scene, as seen in this 360-degree video. The mock-investigation is part of a two-day field training exercise called PROVE (Practical Observation and Vocational Experience).
Arnold Laanui: The PROVE project is basically an attempt to mimic a multi jurisdictional investigation. Our students go ahead and are dropped into a two-day field training exercise. If they investigate their case properly they'll find two victims that have been buried maybe a year or two earlier. We're using very legitimate, authentic lab skeletons that are anatomically correct in every regard. They will also find artifacts from our alleged, pretend victims, as well as the murder weapon.
Kendrick Dang: So we went out and found out the little dig site where they were found and we started to dig up the bodies and we have to be very fragile so we don't mess up anything and we ended up finding two bodies of one male and one female, and that was actually really cool digging it up.
Angelina Gomes: It makes me feel really humble to think that someone would go through all this trouble just so I could have the experience of solving a real crime. It's actually, after doing the PROVE project, I think I might actually seriously be considering a career in law enforcement or maybe the FBI.
- 10.18.2017 — Raw Video: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.18.2017 — Former Trafficking Victim Describes Her Ordeal and Rescue
- 10.18.2017 — Operation Cross Country: 'Our Primary Goal is to Recover Children'
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom