FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose: Iris is a 2-year-old black Labrador retriever and is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose.
Meet Iris. The 2-year-old black Labrador retriever is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog and one of only seven certified canines in the world trained to sniff out a specific chemical found in digital media.
Special Agent Jeff Calandra is her partner.
Jeff Calandra: She’s able to be used in any investigative means—from a post-blast scene to a drug case, terrorism case, a counterintelligence cases, which she’s been used on multiple times.
Halpern: Iris is located in the FBI’s Newark Field Office, but just as she can work across different types of cases, she can also be useful to investigators at all levels.
Newark’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge Michael Brodack:
Michael Brodack: She’s available not only to help the FBI and all of the FBI divisions around the country but also to our state and local partners and, of course, our federal partners, as well.
Halpern: With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll