FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose: Iris is a 2-year-old black Labrador retriever and is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose.
Meet Iris. The 2-year-old black Labrador retriever is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog and one of only seven certified canines in the world trained to sniff out a specific chemical found in digital media.
Special Agent Jeff Calandra is her partner.
Jeff Calandra: She’s able to be used in any investigative means—from a post-blast scene to a drug case, terrorism case, a counterintelligence cases, which she’s been used on multiple times.
Halpern: Iris is located in the FBI’s Newark Field Office, but just as she can work across different types of cases, she can also be useful to investigators at all levels.
Newark’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge Michael Brodack:
Michael Brodack: She’s available not only to help the FBI and all of the FBI divisions around the country but also to our state and local partners and, of course, our federal partners, as well.
Halpern: With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 02.21.2017 — Flag-Raising Honors Fallen Agent Edwin R. Woodriffe
- 02.13.2017 — Victim of Romance Scam Tells Her Story
- 02.13.2017 — Special Agent Christine Beining Describes Romance Scams
- 02.07.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Women Special Agents
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Sacramento Missing Person Elijah Moore Surveillance Footage
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Wanted App Promo Video
- 01.30.2017 — Houston FBI Prepares for 2017 Super Bowl
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI