FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose: Iris is a 2-year-old black Labrador retriever and is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s latest tool to track down evidence knows how to use her nose.
Meet Iris. The 2-year-old black Labrador retriever is the FBI’s first electronics detection dog and one of only seven certified canines in the world trained to sniff out a specific chemical found in digital media.
Special Agent Jeff Calandra is her partner.
Jeff Calandra: She’s able to be used in any investigative means—from a post-blast scene to a drug case, terrorism case, a counterintelligence cases, which she’s been used on multiple times.
Halpern: Iris is located in the FBI’s Newark Field Office, but just as she can work across different types of cases, she can also be useful to investigators at all levels.
Newark’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge Michael Brodack:
Michael Brodack: She’s available not only to help the FBI and all of the FBI divisions around the country but also to our state and local partners and, of course, our federal partners, as well.
Halpern: With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics
- 12.13.2017 — Milwaukee-Area Pharmacy Robberies
- 11.30.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Jesus Roberto Munguia
- 11.21.2017 — FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center