Special Agent Al Tribble
FBI Recruitment Video: Al Tribble
Al Tribble: Prior to joining the FBI, I was a banking officer for Fidelity Bank.
Back in the late 90s, all the banks were being gobbled up by larger banks, and so I started looking. At a job fair, one of the recruiters told me that the only thing different between a banker and a FBI special agent is that I would now have a gun to go with my suit.
My chief responsibilities here are supervising a squad of professionals that are responsible for investigating violent crimes against children and human trafficking. We’re trying to target the pimp activity here in Houston.
If I were hand-selecting an individual to work with my group, I would want to know are they capable of doing the impossible, working long hours when everybody else has long given up? We have personnel that pull 12-, 14-, 16 hour days at times just to make sure that the public can sleep at night. And so I want to know, are you committed? I want to know, do you have the wherewith all to be a self-motivator to go out and get the job done? And if you have that, we certainly want you in the FBI.
My wife is a forensic accountant for the FBI, so we commute together, we talk about case work, and I have one grown daughter. And Dad has spoken at every school, every university, every graduate school that she’s attended, and I think she’s quite proud of her old man. So, I want all the boys to know that she’s got someone looking out for her.
- 10.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Lamont Stephenson Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 10.11.2018 — New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 25, 2018 Walgreens Pharmacy Robbery
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 15, 2018 Subway Shop Robbery
- 09.24.2018 — Daughter of Slain Virginia Trooper Seeks Clues in Unsolved Case
- 09.24.2018 — FBI Crime Data Explorer
- 09.04.2018 — Facebook Live Event: An Inside Look at Physical Fitness
- 09.03.2018 — Smithsonian Assists FBI in Minnesota Ruby Slippers Case
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Information Security (InfoSec)
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Wi-Fi
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Social Engineering
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Virtual Private Networks
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Safer Campaign Communications
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Router Hardening
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Patching, Firewalls, and Anti-Virus Software
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Passwords
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Incident Response
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Have You Been Hacked?
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Cloud-Based Services
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Browser and App Safety