FBI San Francisco COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
John Bennett, special agent in charge of the San Francisco Division of the FBI, provides a COVID-19 public service announcement to the community in this video.
John Bennett: Hi, I’m John Bennett, special agent in charge of the FBI San Francisco Division. I’d like to take a moment to address our community in Northern California.
First, to all the health care workers, first responders, and those of you working on the front lines as delivery drivers or in our grocery stores, thank you. We appreciate your hard work and bravery.
We’ve also seen amazing support throughout the community. From volunteers making face masks, to generous donations of supplies, to neighbors helping neighbors. It has been amazing to see this community coming together.
Unfortunately, there will always be individuals who try to exploit people during a crisis, and this time is no different. That’s where the FBI comes in. While we are doing our part to help flatten the curve by taking necessary workplace precautions, we remain committed to our mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
We’ve already seen a rise in fraud schemes related to the coronavirus, including phony health care treatments, government impersonators, fake testing schemes, and emails with malicious links. We’re worried about acts of discrimination or hate against members of the Asian-American community or other minority groups. We will keep you informed of any emerging threats. We will provide you with tips to help protect your family.
We’re also asking for your help. Please report any suspicious activity to law enforcement, whether that's to local authorities or the FBI. You can submit tips anonymously to the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to keep yourself, your families, friends, and neighbors safe. We are all in this together. Stay vigilant, wash your hands, and be kind to each other.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets