FBI San Francisco COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
John Bennett, special agent in charge of the San Francisco Division of the FBI, provides a COVID-19 public service announcement to the community in this video.
John Bennett: Hi, I’m John Bennett, special agent in charge of the FBI San Francisco Division. I’d like to take a moment to address our community in Northern California.
First, to all the health care workers, first responders, and those of you working on the front lines as delivery drivers or in our grocery stores, thank you. We appreciate your hard work and bravery.
We’ve also seen amazing support throughout the community. From volunteers making face masks, to generous donations of supplies, to neighbors helping neighbors. It has been amazing to see this community coming together.
Unfortunately, there will always be individuals who try to exploit people during a crisis, and this time is no different. That’s where the FBI comes in. While we are doing our part to help flatten the curve by taking necessary workplace precautions, we remain committed to our mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
We’ve already seen a rise in fraud schemes related to the coronavirus, including phony health care treatments, government impersonators, fake testing schemes, and emails with malicious links. We’re worried about acts of discrimination or hate against members of the Asian-American community or other minority groups. We will keep you informed of any emerging threats. We will provide you with tips to help protect your family.
We’re also asking for your help. Please report any suspicious activity to law enforcement, whether that's to local authorities or the FBI. You can submit tips anonymously to the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to keep yourself, your families, friends, and neighbors safe. We are all in this together. Stay vigilant, wash your hands, and be kind to each other.
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Are the Biggest Cyber Threats Related to This Year's Election?