FBI San Francisco COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
John Bennett, special agent in charge of the San Francisco Division of the FBI, provides a COVID-19 public service announcement to the community in this video.
John Bennett: Hi, I’m John Bennett, special agent in charge of the FBI San Francisco Division. I’d like to take a moment to address our community in Northern California.
First, to all the health care workers, first responders, and those of you working on the front lines as delivery drivers or in our grocery stores, thank you. We appreciate your hard work and bravery.
We’ve also seen amazing support throughout the community. From volunteers making face masks, to generous donations of supplies, to neighbors helping neighbors. It has been amazing to see this community coming together.
Unfortunately, there will always be individuals who try to exploit people during a crisis, and this time is no different. That’s where the FBI comes in. While we are doing our part to help flatten the curve by taking necessary workplace precautions, we remain committed to our mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
We’ve already seen a rise in fraud schemes related to the coronavirus, including phony health care treatments, government impersonators, fake testing schemes, and emails with malicious links. We’re worried about acts of discrimination or hate against members of the Asian-American community or other minority groups. We will keep you informed of any emerging threats. We will provide you with tips to help protect your family.
We’re also asking for your help. Please report any suspicious activity to law enforcement, whether that's to local authorities or the FBI. You can submit tips anonymously to the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to keep yourself, your families, friends, and neighbors safe. We are all in this together. Stay vigilant, wash your hands, and be kind to each other.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In