FBI Careers: Language Analyst
Language Analyst Elie speaks about his experience working for the FBI.
Elie Machalany: My name is Elie Machalany, and I am a language analyst in the Arabic language here in Newark.
Well, after college I worked for a computer company as a purchaser. Then, I needed a little more challenge, so I opened a bagel store, and then after that I opened three more, and that's basically what I did before the FBI. I had the business for over 15 years, and through the business I met an FBI agent. And so he said, with your language background, why don't you apply to the FBI? We can always use your talent.
Every day, something new comes up. It's always exciting, there’s always something new that I'm doing. I could be sitting at my desk and then a few minutes later, I could be going somewhere, talking to somebody, trying to become friends with that person; going to a community to solve an issue; or getting on a flight and going somewhere in the world again to protect U.S. citizens. That’s my daily life in the FBI.
And plus, I am working for the most important and the most amazing organization in the world. It's an envy of everybody, not only in America, all over the world. And I have traveled
for the FBI throughout the world. I really want to tell you that I love my job. I love coming to work every day, and in my 16 years, I don't think I had a bad day where I said I don't want to go to work today.
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 02.21.2017 — Flag-Raising Honors Fallen Agent Edwin R. Woodriffe
- 02.13.2017 — Victim of Romance Scam Tells Her Story
- 02.13.2017 — Special Agent Christine Beining Describes Romance Scams
- 02.07.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Women Special Agents
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Sacramento Missing Person Elijah Moore Surveillance Footage
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Wanted App Promo Video
- 01.30.2017 — Houston FBI Prepares for 2017 Super Bowl
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI