FBI Careers: Forensic Examiner - Cryptanalyst
Forensic Examiner Camila speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Camila Rojas. I am a forensic examiner, cryptanalyst.
I work for the FBI Laboratory. I work in a unit called the Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit. Pretty much we look at codes and ciphers and we look at records, business records, records of illicit businesses. I look at records, currently, mostly of drug trafficking businesses, gambling businesses, or alien smuggling businesses. And so I spend a little of my time looking at the documents, entering data into Excel, performing analysis in Excel, and trying to write the report in a way that explains what’s going on in a way that’s clear to the reader.
My proudest achievement with the Bureau would be my first court testimony. I feel that when I testified, I really represented the evidence and I represented the report very accurately and unbiasedly. It was a combination of hard work and also the great training that the FBI offered. I think the best thing about working for the Bureau is that I feel that I’m playing for the right team.
- 03.27.2017 — Israel Legal Attaché Cary Gleicher Describes the FBI’s Role Overseas
- 03.27.2017 — Israel National Police General Describes Partnership with FBI
- 03.24.2017 — Seeking Information in Pasadena Cheesecake Factory Explosion
- 03.23.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Tam Dao Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Hesham Elgamiel Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Alfred Tribble, Jr. Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — SAC Perrye K. Turner Describes Importance of Diversity
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Jenelle Janabajal Describes Joining FBI
- 03.21.2017 — FBI Careers: Coolest Stories
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 02.21.2017 — Flag-Raising Honors Fallen Agent Edwin R. Woodriffe
- 02.13.2017 — Victim of Romance Scam Tells Her Story
- 02.13.2017 — Special Agent Christine Beining Describes Romance Scams
- 02.07.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Women Special Agents
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Sacramento Missing Person Elijah Moore Surveillance Footage
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Wanted App Promo Video
- 01.30.2017 — Houston FBI Prepares for 2017 Super Bowl
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User