FBI Careers: Forensic Examiner - Cryptanalyst
Forensic Examiner Camila speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Camila Rojas. I am a forensic examiner, cryptanalyst.
I work for the FBI Laboratory. I work in a unit called the Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit. Pretty much we look at codes and ciphers and we look at records, business records, records of illicit businesses. I look at records, currently, mostly of drug trafficking businesses, gambling businesses, or alien smuggling businesses. And so I spend a little of my time looking at the documents, entering data into Excel, performing analysis in Excel, and trying to write the report in a way that explains what’s going on in a way that’s clear to the reader.
My proudest achievement with the Bureau would be my first court testimony. I feel that when I testified, I really represented the evidence and I represented the report very accurately and unbiasedly. It was a combination of hard work and also the great training that the FBI offered. I think the best thing about working for the Bureau is that I feel that I’m playing for the right team.
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI
- 12.21.2016 — National Use of Force Data Collection
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm (Leyendas en Español)
- 12.13.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Robert Francis Van Wisse
- 12.09.2016 — Chasing the Dragon (Extended Trailer)
- 12.07.2016 — Video Loop of "Go-Fast" Boat
- 12.07.2016 — Gerry Canavan
- 12.07.2016 — Seized "Go-Fast" Boat