FBI Careers: Forensic Examiner - Cryptanalyst
Forensic Examiner Camila speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Camila Rojas. I am a forensic examiner, cryptanalyst.
I work for the FBI Laboratory. I work in a unit called the Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit. Pretty much we look at codes and ciphers and we look at records, business records, records of illicit businesses. I look at records, currently, mostly of drug trafficking businesses, gambling businesses, or alien smuggling businesses. And so I spend a little of my time looking at the documents, entering data into Excel, performing analysis in Excel, and trying to write the report in a way that explains what’s going on in a way that’s clear to the reader.
My proudest achievement with the Bureau would be my first court testimony. I feel that when I testified, I really represented the evidence and I represented the report very accurately and unbiasedly. It was a combination of hard work and also the great training that the FBI offered. I think the best thing about working for the Bureau is that I feel that I’m playing for the right team.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics