FBI Careers: Forensic Examiner - Cryptanalyst
Forensic Examiner Camila speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Camila Rojas. I am a forensic examiner, cryptanalyst.
I work for the FBI Laboratory. I work in a unit called the Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit. Pretty much we look at codes and ciphers and we look at records, business records, records of illicit businesses. I look at records, currently, mostly of drug trafficking businesses, gambling businesses, or alien smuggling businesses. And so I spend a little of my time looking at the documents, entering data into Excel, performing analysis in Excel, and trying to write the report in a way that explains what’s going on in a way that’s clear to the reader.
My proudest achievement with the Bureau would be my first court testimony. I feel that when I testified, I really represented the evidence and I represented the report very accurately and unbiasedly. It was a combination of hard work and also the great training that the FBI offered. I think the best thing about working for the Bureau is that I feel that I’m playing for the right team.
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home