Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
FBI Director Christopher Wray participated in the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity on Monday, November 16, 2020, to discuss the heart of the FBI’s cyber strategy: working with government and private partners to tackle the cyber threat as a global community. This video provides highlights from his remarks.
FBI Director Christopher Wray: Now, at the FBI, we've been fighting the cyber threat for many many years. We've become known for our efforts to call out destabilizing and damaging cyber activity by nation-state actors, but we're also particularly focused on the threat posed by cyber criminals. Just like we've done throughout our 112-year history of fighting crime and terrorism, our goal is to impose risk and consequences on bad actors in cyberspace, whoever and wherever they are.
We're putting our new cyber strategy in place to stay ahead of this ever-evolving threat landscape. An essential prong of that new strategy is to leverage our enduring partnerships in both investigating cybercrime and raising the costs to criminal actors. That means we're leveraging the information we obtained through our investigations to enable our partners to take action as well.
And vitally that information arms private sector network defenders all over the world with technical indicators they need to protect themselves as well as the ability to shut down criminal infrastructure and kick bad guys off their platforms and networks.
The point in all of this isn't who claims credit, it's achieving safety, security, and confidence for all of us in our digitally connected world. We're taking all the tools at our disposal and bringing them to the table so that we can fight this threat together.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets