Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
Special Agent John Woodill remembers feeling a sense of pride and obligation when he finally received his badge and credentials during his graduation from the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
John Woodill: Standing there—and of course family comes down like graduation day, and taking that final oath and you (get) your creds—it’s very emotional, you know. It’s hard not to tear up a little bit realizing, “Wow, I’ve succeeded what I’ve dreamed of doing, and I made it through, and I’m very proud of what I’ve done, I have friends or family who I’m sure are proud of what I’ve done, at least I hope so.” And there has to be a sense of not only great emotion but a humbling of spirit to realize that you’ve come this far and you did this, as many others have, and a sense of obligation now, you know. You’re wearing a weapon, a shield, and carrying creds, and you have this enormous responsibility to carry out what you’ve sworn to do, and I think that weighs very heavily. I hope it weighs very heavily on people; it needs to. You need to realize the gravity of what you’re doing and use that as a good gut-check as you go through your career, to remind you of why you’re here and what you promise to do for the public.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division