Tips for Avoiding Investment Fraud:
- Don’t judge a person or company by their website; flashy websites can be set up quickly.
- Don’t invest in anything you are not absolutely sure about. Do your homework on the investment and the company to ensure that they are legitimate.
- Check out other websites regarding this person/company.
- Be cautious when responding to special investment offers, especially through unsolicited e-mail.
- Be cautious when dealing with individuals/companies from outside your own country.
- Inquire about all the terms and conditions.