FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017
May 15, 2017
During National Police Week, Americans pause to reflect on the sacrifices of the women and men who have given their lives in the line of duty.
Note: National Peace Officers Memorial Day falls on Monday, May 15, 2017. Because National Police Week takes place during the calendar week on which May 15 falls, this year's official National Police Week dates are Monday, May 15, 2017 through Sunday, May 21, 2017. Several annual National Police Week events occurred prior to May 15.
Mollie Halpern: During National Police Week, Americans pause to reflect on the sacrifices of the women and men who have given their lives in the line of duty.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
The FBI family pays tribute to our local, state, tribal, and other federal law enforcement partners who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Sixty-six of our own agents and a civilian employee have died either as a direct result of adversarial action or in the performance of duty.
One of them is Special Agent Hubert J. Treacy Jr., who was shot in the face during an encounter with two fugitives 75 years ago.
Influenced by his grandfather, Brian Treacy now serves the country as an FBI special agent.
Brian Treacy: I think that every law enforcement officer keeps it in the back of their mind that they may not see their family again so, yeah, it weighs on me. But you trust the people that you work with and you hope for the best.
Halpern: To learn more about the stories behind Treacy and other fallen agents visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program