FBI, This Week: Director Wray Responds to Inspector General’s Report
June 14, 2018
During a press conference at FBI Headquarters, Director Christopher Wray issued a statement in response to the report issued today by the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General.
Mollie Halpern: Director Christopher Wray reaffirms the FBI’s commitment to carry out its mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution through objective and fair investigations.
This comes after the release of the inspector general’s report, which independently reviewed the activities of the FBI and the Department of Justice leading up to the 2016 presidential election.
Director Christopher Wray: This report did not find any evidence of political bias or improper considerations actually impacting the investigation under review.
Halpern: Director Wray goes on to say…
Wray: Nothing in this report impugns the integrity of our workforce as a whole, or the FBI as an institution.
Halpern: Wray welcomed the report’s findings and has already begun implementing recommendations.
He says the organization will continue to work …
Wray: … with the unfailing fidelity to the Constitution and the laws that it demands, the bravery that it calls for, and the integrity that the American people rightly expect.
Halpern: Director Wray’s entire response to the report can be found on www.fbi.gov.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 08.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Sextortion Reports on the Rise
- 08.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Physical Fitness Test App Released
- 07.26.2018 — FBI, This Week: 110 Years of Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas