Wanted by the FBI: Jehad Serwan Mostafa
An up to $5 million reward is available for information leading to the arrest of a former San Diego resident on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorist List.
Mollie Halpern: This is the face of alleged terrorist Jehad Serwan Mostafa.
This reportedly is an excerpt of Mostafa speaking from a camp in Somalia.
Jehad Serwan Mostafa: "… we remember the role played by our beloved sheikh, Sheikh Usama bin Laden, may Allah have mercy upon him."
Halpern: An up to $5 million reward is available for information leading to the arrest of the former San Diego resident.
Mostafa, also known as Ahmed Gurey, has been indicted for his involvement with al Shabaab.
He is on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorist List and is a threat to U.S. forces, civilians, and interests.
Supervisory Special Agent Erin Westfall says Mostafa is believed to be the highest-ranking U.S. citizen fighting overseas with a terrorist organization.
Erin Westfall: Mostafa has held multiple positions within al Shabaab for about a decade—in the media wing and at training camps. Our investigation shows that he also works with explosives so that al-Shabaab can use them as tools of terror.
Halpern: The FBI says Mostafa will continue to play an active role in terrorist acts that al Shabaab commits until he is stopped.
Mostafa is believed to be in Somalia and speaks Somali, Arabic, and English.
He is left-handed and has a distinctive scar on his right hand.
Report tips anonymously by phone at 1-800-CALL-FBI or online at tips.fbi.gov.
Or contact the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case