For two decades, members of the FBI's Evidence Response Teams have trained on properly excavating burial sites at the Anthropology Research Facility in Knoxville, Tennessee.
You can report suspicious activities and crime by contacting your local FBI office 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also submit a tip electronically at tips.fbi.gov.
7915 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
Counties covered: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Stanly, and Union
Along with our main office in Charlotte, we have seven satellite offices, known as resident agencies, in the area.
- Counties covered: Buncombe, Cherokee, Cherokee Indian Reservation, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, and Yancey
- Counties covered: Bladen, Cumberland, Ft. Bragg, Hoke, Moore, Richmond, Robeson, Sampson, and Scotland
- Counties covered: Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin
- Counties covered: Beaufort, Bertie, Craven, Edgecombe, Greene, Hertford, Lenoir, Martin, Northampton, Pamlico, Pitt, and Wayne
- Counties covered: Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, and Washington
- Counties covered: Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Iredell, Lincoln, Watauga, and Wilkes
- Counties covered: Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Nash, Orange, Person, Vance, Wake, Warren, and Wilson
- Counties covered: Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Duplin, Jones, New Hanover, Onslow, and Pender