According to the FBI's Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report, both violent crime and property crime decreased in the first half of 2019 compared to the same time frame in 2018.
You can report suspicious activities and crime by contacting your local FBI office 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also submit a tip electronically at tips.fbi.gov.
7915 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
Counties covered: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Stanly, and Union
Along with our main office in Charlotte, we have seven satellite offices, known as resident agencies, in the area.
- Counties covered: Buncombe, Cherokee, Cherokee Indian Reservation, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, and Yancey
- Counties covered: Bladen, Cumberland, Ft. Bragg, Hoke, Moore, Richmond, Robeson, Sampson, and Scotland
- Counties covered: Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin
- Counties covered: Beaufort, Bertie, Craven, Edgecombe, Greene, Hertford, Lenoir, Martin, Northampton, Pamlico, Pitt, and Wayne
- Counties covered: Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, and Washington
- Counties covered: Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Iredell, Lincoln, Watauga, and Wilkes
- Counties covered: Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Nash, Orange, Person, Vance, Wake, Warren, and Wilson
- Counties covered: Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Duplin, Jones, New Hanover, Onslow, and Pender